Bangalore, Karnataka, IN
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As Security Analyst, you are responsible for security monitoring, detection and incident response to defend information, infrastructure and products.
Come join our team of IBM experts, who are leaders with vision, distinguished engineers and IT architects who have worked with thousands of clients to transform enterprise IT, migrate to cloud, apply automation and ensure business continuity. We help client run their IT better, accelerate innovation and deliver unmatched performance with the power automation.
If you thrive in a dynamic, reciprocal workplace, IBM provides an environment to explore new opportunities every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here.
- Provide security monitoring and incident response services supporting the mission to protect data, products and infrastructure
- Support a coordinated response to complex cyber-attacks that threaten assets, intellectual property, networks and computer systems
- Contribute to the development and improvement of security monitoring and incident response processes and solutions as required to support our cyber security program
- Operate security monitoring and incident response tools with a focus on continuous improvement
- Research and recommend solutions for incident response and digital forensics.
- SIEM (Security Information Event Management) monitoring
- IDS/IPS (Intrusion Detection System/Intrusion Prevention System) monitoring
- Experience with log analysis, event correlation, incident management procedures and systems
- Prior experience leveraging common scripting languages (PowerShell, bash, Python) to parse logs, and automate repeatable tasks
- Proactive detection and remediation of new exploits
- Experience with threat Hunting
- Experience with IOC Enrichment and Analysis
- Security process improvement
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 3+ years of prior hands-on experience in cyber security or information technology discipline
- Experience using at least one major SIEM (Qradar, Arcsight) system
- Exposure of TCP/IP networking including knowledge of protocols and services
- Proficient in monitoring security events from various SOC channels (SIEM, Tickets, Email and Phone), based on the security event severity to handle the service support teams, tier2 information security specialists
- Expertise in threat modelling and Use case development and ability to review policies of security monitoring tools based on security concepts and logical approach
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Preferably Qradar or Arcsight or CEH certified.
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
- Any entrant or Professional skill on shell scripting, AIX, Linux.
About Business Unit
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: AI ArcSight Automation CEH Forensics IDS Incident response IPS Linux Python SIEM TCP/IP
Job region(s): Asia/Pacific