Software Engineer - Sr. Consultant Level, Cybersecurity Product Development
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Visa's cybersecurity product team has designed a cybersecurity product that delivers protection of cryptographic secrets in application memory, reducing attack vectors of unprotected application memory. This software engineering role will work with a small team of software engineers, and contribute directly to the code base, demonstrating stewardship of software through full life cycle: requirements, design, development, testing, and support.
Work closely with the lead software engineer of this cybersecurity product
Understand Visa Network architecture and work with Visa's container and platform experts to implement rapid POCs and pilots to demonstrate feasibility of new capabilities and technologies and align security defenses to such capabilities
Partner closely with application and infrastructure teams in building secure key management services.
Apply creative thinking/approach to determine solutions that further Business Goals and align with Technology Strategies
Ability to communicate on cybersecurity topics to diverse audiences, from new-hire engineers to senior executives and customers
Capability to conduct original research, or guide the research of colleagues, to solve complex problems through empirical methods and experimentation
Demonstrate technical mastery and be an inspirational leader and mentor who continuously develops the competencies of their self and others
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
• 8+ years of relevant work experience and a Bachelors degree, OR 11+ years of relevant work experience
• Mastery of applied cryptography and how it is leveraged in product, protocol, and network design.
• Expertise in secure boot, key management, and trusted execution environment
• 9 or more years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree, or 7 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, or MD) PhD with 3+ years experience
• Specialized Experience: 5+ years of product-oriented software development experience
• Software Engineering: The candidate must have software engineering background in functional or object-oriented programming languages such as Go, C++, or Rust (preferred) and deployed solutions with at least 1000+ lines of code (academic/professionally)
• Have worked on any of the trusted execution environment technologies.
• Proficiency in scripting and automation skills, converting manual and maintenance functions into fully orchestrated automation
• Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines and tools, with version control system
• Strong verbal and written communications skills, ability to quickly master new systems and/or processes, capacity to stay organized while managing competing priorities
• Ability to thoroughly understand complex business and technical issues and influence decision making at all levels of the organization without formal reporting structure authority
• Proven track record of taking research concepts from ideation to productization
• Prior knowledge of Cybersecurity in the Payments industry is highly desirable
• Strong knowledge of agile development practices (especially Scrum and / or Kanban), methodologies and tools (e.g., Jira, Rally)
Additional InformationVisa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: Agile Automation C CI/CD Cryptography Jira Kanban PhD POCs Rust Scripting Scrum
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Hunt SME jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Ethical hacker / Pentester H/F jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Manager Pentest H/F jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Terraform-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs