Senior Cyber Security Engineer
XOR Security is currently seeking a talented Senior Cyber Security Engineer to join our team to support a federal customer within the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Enterprise Security Operations Center (ESOC). The Senior Security Engineer provides support across a progressing agile team environment focused on supporting the ESOC Operations mission. The Senior engineer will support the full system engineering life-cycle, including requirements analysis, design, development, integration, scripting, programming, test, documentation, and implementation following defined best practices and operational workflows. This role will engage in infrastructure solution design and architecture, information assurance, advisory, compliance, and risk management support.
- Conceptualize, Design, Build, and Maintain current and future ESOC supported tools and platforms.
- Manage multiple assignments, changing priorities, and work independently with little oversight.
- Provide direct support for onboarding data into Splunk via forwarder, scripted inputs, TCP/UDP and modular inputs from sources such as FireEye, BlueCoat proxies, Big IP, Cisco, Palo Alto, host syslogs, etc.
- Support all support, guidance and develop processes to evaluate and improve all operating systems, hardware support, software, firmware solutions and provide advisement concerning future purchase of the same.
- Create, manage, and support automation solutions for Splunk deployment and orchestration within a Cloud environment.
- Work closely with senior engineers, other team members and application owners to solve technical problems at the network, system and application levels.
- Conduct periodic architectural reviews of installed sensors to assess effectiveness and propose optimal installation alternatives as required.
- Conduct network security architecture reviews to determine the size, and placement of intrusion monitoring equipment during the customer onboarding process.
- Conduct periodic reviews of sensor metric reports to evaluate and prioritize sensors for review and assessment.
- Assists in interviews to identify and make recommendations for security tools, systems and capabilities to meet customer security requirements.
- Documentation and Reporting along with presentation, teamwork and DHS wide collaboration are among the expected duties and mission of the task order.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in system administration, database administration, network engineering, software engineering, or software development, with a concentration in Cybersecurity.
- Experience onboarding and managing Splunk data feeds
- Experience administering Linux OS, particularly RedHat Enterprise
- Cloud and VMWare skills – Understanding of cloud terminology, architecture, and tools to include: installing, provisioning and monitoring
- Strong capabilities to assist with automating manual installation and maintenance/patching tasks and utilization of such tools as provisioning environments with Ansible, Docker, etc.
- Department of Homeland Security ESOC employees are required to obtain an Entry on Duty (EOD) clearance to support this program.
- Experience with PXE-less discovery provisioning to automate hardware / undercloud scalability
- Experience with VMware & Ansible/Ansible Tower and/or Terraform
- Experience working in AWS and Azure
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Extensive database experience with two of SQL Server, MySQL, or Oracle
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from the first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements - US CITIZENSHIP AND EMPLOYEES REQUIRED TO OBTAIN ENTRY ON DUTY (EOD) CLEARANCE