Senior Cybersecurity Engineer, Incident Response
MotionalMotional harnesses deep industry experience in our mission to develop and deploy autonomous vehicles and to make driverless technology safe and reliable.
As part of our Cybersecurity Incident Response Team (CIRT), you will help us deliver the future by assuring the safety and cybersecurity of our self-driving vehicles, passengers, and infrastructure. You will work in the CIRT to build, develop, and operate a model of Incident Response that will allow us to quickly identify, respond, and protect against threats on our self-driving vehicles.
You will assist and/or lead investigations in active security incident scenarios, supporting the organization through the Incident Response lifecycle. You will work across functions to identify new and emerging threats and work to develop detection alarms and workflows to assist in future identification and response.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Provide expertise in the triage and identification of potential security incidents
- Execute the incident response plan, ensuring cross-functional teams operate functionally and efficiently through incident response scenarios
- Draft, maintain, and communicate incident reports for an executive audience
- Design and develop our approach for cybersecurity monitoring and response for our self-driving vehicle fleet
- Develop and create alarms, dashboards, and workflows to allow quicker and more efficient insight into security events
- Identify residual risk through security monitoring and instigate security-focused projects to remediate root cause issues
- Proactively hunting threats in our environment, identifying new risk areas, and developing methods for us to proactively address these threats
What We're Looking For:
- BS or MS in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Information Technology or Equivalent Knowledge and Work Experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in cybersecurity incident response
- Possess one cybersecurity certification (GIAC Certified Incident Handler, EC-Council Certified Incident Handler, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience in multiple security frameworks (i.e. NIST, CIS, ATT&CK, etc.)
- Experience performing log analysis in a cloud environment (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Experience developing correlation searches, building monitoring rules, and developing dashboards in Splunk
- Expertise in industry standards and regulations such as ISO 21434, UNECE WP.29 R155, or similar in other industries
Why You Should Join Us:
- Opportunity to advance the state of the art on cybersecurity for cutting-edge autonomous vehicle technology
- Work with experienced teammates who are passionate about developing your capabilities as a cybersecurity engineer
- Catered lunches and snack bars at offices
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors including but not limited to specific skills, experience and expertise, role location, certifications, licenses, and business needs. The estimated compensation range listed in this job posting reflects base salary only. This role may include additional forms of compensation such as a bonus or company equity. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Candidates for certain positions are eligible to participate in Motional’s benefits program. Motional’s benefits include but are not limited to medical, dental, vision, 401k with a company match, health saving accounts, life insurance, pet insurance, and more.Salary Range$13,000—$174,500 USD
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: AWS Azure Cloud Computer Science GCP GIAC Incident response Log analysis Monitoring NIST Splunk
Perks/benefits: 401(k) matching Equity Health care Salary bonus Team events
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Cyber Hunt SME jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ethical hacker / Pentester H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Manager Pentest H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Director of Information Security jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Terraform-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs