Senior DevSecOps Engineer
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Full Time Senior-level / Expert Clearance required USD 140K - 180K
Sigma Defense is a leading technology company serving the Department of Defense (DoD), providing tactical communications systems and services for digital modernization since 2006. Through our acquisitions of SOLUTE in January 2022 and Sub U Systems in May 2022, we have expanded our software and communications hardware solutions to better support JADC2, C5ISR, SATCOM, and DEVSECOPS for customers in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, and Space Force. Through a combination of hardware, software, and industry expertise, we provide a complete portfolio of solutions and services that accelerates information collection and sharing for faster decision making and better mission outcomes.
Why would you work for us? Quite simply, the work we do is meaningful and stimulating. We promote initiative and independent thought; we encourage direct client engagement to ensure we are delivering what the customer wants; and our engineers and scientists are working on cutting-edge projects that move the state-of-the-art closer to the people who need them. If you're looking for technical challenges and an opportunity to take a leadership role in an environment that encourages you to excel, then WE are your destination.
We are a company of innovative professionals thriving in a highly motivating work environment that fosters creativity and independent thinking. If you are a motivated individual with a desire to support our service men and women, now is a great time to join Sigma Defense!
To learn more about our company, find and follow us at Sigma Defense Systems LLC: Overview | LinkedIn.
We are looking for a Senior DevSecOps Engineer to help lead our team of motivated and experienced Software, DevOps, and Cyber Security engineers to build and maintain a modern development environment and Software Integration Facility. The environment will host an innovative software development, integration, and test environment tailored to support our customer's mission and applications. This role will entail helping define the architecture and design, coordinating with the customer to determine system requirements and priorities, building and running a team to develop and run the environment and associated CI/CD pipelines.
What are some key technologies you will work with?
The exact technical stack for this program is not fully defined, and you will be responsible for helping architect and build the environment. However, there are a few technologies we often reach for when exploring a new problem:
- Linux is the most common development and deployment platform we encounter.
- Terraform is our go-to infrastructure automation tool.
- Ansible is the most common configuration management tool you will see.
- Git is the source control system we use for our projects with Gitlab being the most common tooling.
- Kubernetes is used for container management with RKE2 being our go to distribution.
What are we looking for in a Senior Engineer?
First and foremost, a senior engineer should be able to operate independently based on a set of tasks assigned to them. Secondly, a senior engineer must evaluate technical decisions within the context of the larger project. They need to analyze the rippling impacts of technical decisions and they impact other system components. Furthermore, a senior level candidate should be willing and able to mentor other engineers in the organization. Our senior engineers are typically seen as prime technical resources and must be willing to share their opinions and experiences effectively.
- Ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance. (Secret)
- Ability to work on site a minimum of 3 days a week.
- Comfortable working in a Linux CLI environment.
- Experience deploying and operating Kubernetes clusters.
- Experience with containerizing applications and deploying into Kubernetes environments.
What will differentiate my application?
- Certifications in key technologies areas (Red Hat, AWS, Kubernetes)
- Experience deploying and operating Rancher RKE2
- Experience with Gitlab CI pipelines
- Experience with common software build tools (e.g. Maven, make, etc).
- Familiarity with the DoD DevSecOps Reference Design
- Familiarity with the DoD RMF process
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or related field.
- An active DoD Security Clearance.
- Experience working on Military systems.
- Experience leading a team.
Salary Range: $140,000 to $180,000 annually.
- Medical Insurance to Include an HSA Plan and HRA Plan Which Features a $6,000 Health Reimbursement
- Life and A&D coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(k) Plan with Company Matching Contributions
- 160 Hours of Paid Time Off (PTO) with Carry-Over up to 240 hours
- 12 (Floating) Holidays
- Educational Assistance
- Highly Competitive Salary
- Flexible Schedule
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected status or characteristic.
Tags: Ansible Automation AWS CI/CD Clearance Computer Science DevOps DevSecOps DoD DoD RMF Kubernetes Linux Red Hat Security Clearance Terraform
Perks/benefits: Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Flex vacation Health care Insurance
More jobs like this
Las Vegas, Nevada, United … Las Vegas, Nevada, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 132K - 190K * USD 132K+ *
Senior IT Cybersecurity Engineer, Incident ResponseCISSP Compliance Computer Science EDR GIAC Incident response Linux +5
401(k) matching Career development Equity Health care Salary bonus +1
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Cyber Hunt SME jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ethical hacker / Pentester H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Manager Pentest H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Director of Information Security jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Terraform-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs