Staff Security Architect
United States, Remote
PlayStation GlobalErkunde die neue Generation von PlayStation 4- und PS5-Konsolen – erlebe immersives Gaming mit Tausenden Spiele-Hits aus allen Genres, die die Regeln für das, was eine PlayStation-Konsole kann, neu schreiben.
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Staff Security Architect
Location: Open to Aliso Viejo, CA, San Diego, CA, San Mateo, CA or Remote
Do you want to help bring PlayStation technology to a worldwide audience? Are you passionate about securing infrastructure that constantly pushes the boundary of the gaming industry? Are you ready to work with innovative technology, talented engineers, and a dedicated security team? If so, join us!
This Security Architect will work on the latest innovative gaming systems, enabling PlayStation to innovate future technology of console, cloud gaming, and more. Responsive to changes in business and risk and being on the forefront of emerging technologies this individual will drive new and better solutions to industry security needs. This requires exceptional technical knowledge of security principles, wide breadth of knowledge with respect to other engineering fields and domains, sharp business insight, and outstanding communication skills.
By fully understanding business needs and assessing relative risk, the architect will drive projects accordingly, with high consideration for long-term supportability and automation of any recommended direction. This requires the ability to lead a multi-disciplined team of engineers from successful design to deployment of systems.
This Security Architect will focus on the Future Technology and Cloud Gaming business area and reports to the Director of Global Security Architecture.
- Understand security challenges for creating a multi-tenant-capable on-prem infrastructure and architect solutions to secure it
- Build secure cloud-native and on-prem hybrid applications using available cloud controls/products, third party products, and/or custom-developed systems
- Secure Docker containers, Kubernetes infrastructure; secure build and admin tooling (e.g Git, Jenkins, Chef)
- Proactively seek security gaps within current and projected business direction and orchestrate solutions to address those gaps
- Understand all phases of software development spanning design, development, deployment, and maintenance, and address and drive down security risks at all phases
- Design and contribute heavily to network security architecture including policies for firewalls, WAFs, network segmentation, VLANs, VPNs, and DoS/DDoS mitigation
- Understand security elements of standard and custom hardware design including secure key storage, trust zones, and hardware exploits; identify potential vulnerabilities and use hardware to mitigate security risks
- Design secure user and service authentication and authorization systems based on directory services, SAML, OAuth, x.509
- Leadership experience for security projects involving multi-disciplined teams
- Broad knowledge across multiple domains including web applications, database technologies, server applications, storage applications, hardware engineering, business intelligence, test/QA engineering, deployment operations
- Experience deploying, configuring, or administering cloud-based and docker-hosted environments, with special attention to security
- Extensive experience with security tools including key management systems, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, DMZ design, DDoS mitigation, and network segmentation
- Outstanding communication skills, especially with diverse audiences; excellent written skills
- Development experience in Python, C++, and/or Java
- B.S. in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, or equivalent
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant system, product, and/or network security experience
The ideal candidate will have experience designing and securing multi-tenant systems and infrastructure, be a recognized security technologist (e.g. have patents, conference participation, teaching experience). An M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, or equivalent is desired.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: Automation C Cloud Computer Science DDoS Docker Exploits Firewalls Intrusion detection Java Kubernetes Network security Python SAML Teaching VPN Vulnerabilities
Perks/benefits: Competitive pay Health care Salary bonus
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Cyber Hunt SME jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ethical hacker / Pentester H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Manager Pentest H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Director of Information Security jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Terraform-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs