Information Security Engineer
Krakow, Lesser Poland, Poland
The main purpose of this role is to work on designated software development projects, with an emphasis onwriting robust, effective code, and developing, maintaining, deploying and supporting high-quality software systems. To take an active role in supporting business needs and meeting organisational objectives, as part of the Ocado Technology team.
Roles & Responsibilities
Help develop and refine the overall security architecture in Cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure) for new OSP platforms.
● Design solutions to maximize both developer productivity and security in cloud provisioning
● Work closely with software development and infrastructure teams to ensure that the overall security
objectives are met.
● Develop tools and solutions to help identify security vulnerabilities, monitor for security events or
apply security controls.
● Developing secure design patterns for cloud architectures developed in public or private cloud
● Monitor and detect insecure changes to cloud configurations
● Provide guidance to other teams regarding the impact of security issues.
● Work with Engineering and Product Owners on building processes and tools to meet with various
compliance criteria such as SOC
● Run initial key security operations functions for a Cloud Infrastructure which includes Vulnerability
Management, Security Incident Management, Security Incident Response
● Desire to constantly develop yourself via company provided learning platforms or personal training
● Identify highly permissive IAM policies to enforce privilege access for specific users and services.
● manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
● Write and maintain documentation for tools and services developed in house as well as implemented using 3rd party solutions
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Broad technical background covering one or more of operating systems, software development, private
and public cloud
● Good knowledge and/or experience in Linux, SSL, HTTP,
● Fundamental knowledge of networking (L3-L7) and network security including but not limited to
IDS/IPS, WAF, firewalls
● Knowledge of common security vulnerabilities and the technical knowledge to assess their severity
● Good understanding of the security community, toolsets and knowledge sources
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Detail focused with a desire to provide 100% solutions and answers.
● Proactive approach, able to work on multiple parallel activities in a fast-paced environment and adapt
quickly to changing priorities.
● Able to build relationships across multiple teams with disparate skills.
● Strong verbal and written communication in English and Polish
NICE TO HAVE
● Scripting experience such as python
● 2:1 or First class degree in Computer Science or relevant experience
● Familiarity with cloud apps and services (GCP and AWS)
● Experience with Docker, Kubernetes
● Technical Excellence – demonstrates intellectual rigour, possesses relevant abilities and is able to pick
up new skills quickly.
● Innovation & Problem Solving - able to solve complex problems, participates in continuous
improvement, adapts the ideas of others.
● Productivity, Drive & Achievement – proactive approach, gets things done, demonstrates
accountability and ownership, prioritising own workload.
● Business awareness – ability to apply learned skills, awareness beyond immediate area or role.
● Adaptability - working under pressure, flexible, positive and focused during times of change.
● Communication & Impact – strong verbal and written communication in English and Polish, robust interaction with internal clients.
● Teamwork – works well with others and actively contributes towards team objectives.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.