Remote - US
Who We Are
Cobalt (cobalt.io) is a fast-growing and globally distributed cybersecurity start-up with hubs in San Francisco, Boston, and Berlin. We connect global security talent with businesses and their users by providing Penetration Testing as a Service via the Cobalt technology platform. We have Scandinavian roots, an American base and a global outlook. Our team is characterized by a fun, fast-paced and collaborative culture based on individual responsibility and ownership.
Cobalt’s Pentest Operations team is transforming with a focus on quality and customer success. We are looking for detail-oriented, highly organized Pentest Architect (Technical Project Manager) to help the Cobalt.io Pentest Delivery team continue to scale and deliver high quality, timely penetration tests to our customers. Ideal candidates have experience working with or working as a professional penetration tester and aren’t afraid to get technical with some of the world's most talented security pentesters. You possess an impeccable attention to detail - with both the technical acuity to articulate both actual and perceived risk as well as an uncanny ability to ensure uniform, yet visually stimulating formatting to penetration testing deliverables.
What You Would Do
- Be the gatekeeper of quality for all deliverables. From technical accuracy to ensuring clear risk articulation and practical remediation guidance.
- Push the boundaries of the traditional “report” by continuously improving security metrics, reporting templates, and other opportunities to enhance Cobalt's penetration test reports.
- Monitoring the delivery of active penetration tests from kickoff to report delivery and retest - ensuring customer and pentester needs are being met.
- Escalate or immediately remove obstacles that arise during testing - ensuring swift resolution and smooth restoration of testing activity and customer satisfaction.
- Assemble and schedule the strongest teams from the Cobalt Community to deliver pentesting as a service engagements.
You Must Have
- BS in Computer Science, Information Security, MIS, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred but not required
- 3 - 5+ years of relevant experience as either a penetration tester or technical security writer or technical project management
- Consulting mindset / operates with a sense of urgency
- Team player, effective communicator, and dependable
- Professional demeanor over impersonal communication mediums (slack, email, etc.)
- Unparalleled attention to detail
Why You Should Join Us
- Opportunity to join and grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry
- Competitive compensation & attractive equity plan
- Flexible paid time-off, & travel policies
- Paid parental leave
- Regularly planned team outings and company events
- 401(k) program to help you save for the future (US only)