Cloud Security Configuration Engineer
Ruddington, United Kingdom
ExperianExperian is committed to helping you protect, understand, and improve your credit. Start with your free Experian credit report and FICO® score.
Who are Experian?
We are the world’s leading global information services company. During life’s big moments – from buying a home or a car, to sending a child to college, to growing a business by connecting with new customers – we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence. We help individuals to take financial control and access financial services, businesses to make smarter decisions and thrive, lenders to lend more responsibly, and organisations to prevent identity fraud and crime.
We have 20,000 people operating across 44 countries and every day we’re investing in new technologies, talented people, and innovation to help all our clients maximise every opportunity. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange (EXPN) and are a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index.
Our approach to flexible working
We care about work that works, whether that’s about where you work or adjusting your hours to fit better with your life. Our flexible working practices, including our hybrid working model where you can split your working time between the office and your home, support our belief that this balance brings long-lasting benefits for our business as well as ensuring that our people can balance successful careers with their commitments and interests outside of work. So that you can love where you work, please discuss what works for you with your recruiter during the hiring process.
Accepting you, for you.
We want you to feel accepted for who you are and to feel safe, valued and to help us build a culture of true belonging. Experian is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we take affirmative action to create a more inclusive and equitable world of work. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital status, race, ethnicity, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, Veteran status or whether you’re pregnant or on family leave.
Currently, Experian is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Cloud Security Configuration Engineer to join our team. This role will be an individual contributor to work with and guide Experian’s application teams and help them build and manage a secure cloud infrastructure by adhering to Experian’s cloud security policy and industry best practices. This is a growing team with senior leadership support and visibility. This role is involved in projects or issues of high complexity that requires an individual who can quickly think on their feet, challenge the status quo, and drive efficiencies through the process.
- Provide input and feedback on cloud/hybrid security architectures.
- Assist in investigation and remediation of security incidents and issues.
- Consult on and provide requirements for critical projects and initiatives.
- Ensure that the company knows as much as possible, as quickly as possible about security incidents.
- Raise the awareness level of cloud security in the enterprise.
- Help drive cloud security practices in IaaS/ PaaS and SaaS implementations.
- Conduct security assessments to identify areas of risk and ensure any gaps are remediated.
- Help governance, compliance, and risk management teams to ensure the system consistently meets the requirements for certification and accreditation.
- Monitors and reports progress, problems and solutions in a timely manner. Follows through to ensure dollars and time estimates are realized within planned limits.
- Effectively communicates to management and business sponsors the status of projects and issues as they relate to cloud security.
- Provides clear, consistent, regular communication with all project stakeholders at all levels, including presentations to senior management, creating agendas and meeting minutes.
- In-depth research of the latest in cloud security tools, techniques and best practices and technologies to remain at the bleeding edge.
- Create and support KPIs and KRIs that measure risk reduction and progress in cloud over time.
- Builds a great working relationship with team members and the application development teams.
- Develops and mentors junior team members.
- Solid experience working on security engineering projects/roles.
- A great understanding of cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Experience with Cloud Security Posture Management tools (CSPM) systems.
- Experience working with cloud security and governance tools, cloud access security brokers (CASBs), and server virtualization technologies.
- Experience with enterprise applications (architecture, development, support, and troubleshooting)
- In-depth knowledge of CIS Benchmarks for cloud configuration best practices.
- Possess a firm understanding of the offerings and capabilities within Amazon Web Services (AWS), GCP, and Microsoft Azure platforms.
- Possess a solid understanding and have experience with systems automation platforms and technologies.
- Proficiency in scripting programming languages - Python, JSON, Ruby, C#, PowerShell, YAML
- Experience with deployment orchestration, automation, and security configuration management (Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, CloudFormation, Terraform, Ansible) preferred.
- Experience architecting solutions within Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, GCP.
- Experience with assessment, development, implementation, optimization, and documentation of a comprehensive and broad set of security technologies and processes (secure software development (Application Security), data protection, cryptography, key management, identity and access management (IAM), network security) within SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud environments.
- Working knowledge of common and industry standard cloud-native/cloud-friendly authentication mechanisms (OAuth, OpenID, etc.)
Why choose us?
Our colleagues’ health and wellbeing are a top priority for us, that’s why our reward, benefits and wellbeing programmes are designed so you can come to work feeling your very best self. Our benefits focus on health, money, and lifestyle so you can tailor your benefits to your own personal needs. Whether it’s your physical and mental wellness, getting to work or preparing for the next big milestone in your life, we have a range of flexible options to have you covered!
To learn more about our culture and what it’s really like to work here, check out our interactive guide here: https://view.pagetiger.com/experianguideforcandidates/1
Could this be the role for you? Apply now to start your journey with Experian.
To learn more about our culture and what it’s really like to work here, check out our LinkedIn and social media channels using the hashtags #UniquelyExperian
Experian Careers - Creating a better tomorrow together
Find out what its like to work for Experian by clicking here
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: Ansible Application security Automation AWS Azure C Cloud Compliance Cryptography GCP Governance IaaS IAM JSON KPIs Network security OpenID PaaS PowerShell Puppet Python Risk management Ruby SaaS Scripting Security assessment Terraform
Perks/benefits: Career development Equity Flex hours Health care Home office stipend Wellness
More jobs like this
Brno, South Moravian, Czech … Brno, South Moravian, Czech Republic Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 62K - 115K * USD 62K+ *
Sr. Malware Researcher - Windows Software EngineerC Exploits Full stack Malware Reverse engineering Windows
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Gear Health care +10
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Cyber Hunt SME jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ethical hacker / Pentester H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Manager Pentest H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Director of Information Security jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Terraform-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs