Cyber Security Analyst
Join our team dedicated to developing and executing innovative solutions in support of customer mission success.
This Novetta program supports our federal customer in development and brings our innovative DevSecOps solution to reality leveraging cloud services and automation.
The Cyber Security Analyst role is to engage and coordinate work of an integrated project team composed of multiple technical disciplines, including developers, subject matter experts, database administrators, system administrators, and system architects to implement and maintain enterprise-level information technology applications. The role assists in the implementation of risk management and security processes and integrating computer technology to increase accuracy and visibility regarding network status and risk mitigation. Review existing Cybersecurity policies and recommend changes, additions, and/or improvements to the Cybersecurity team that will improve Cyber policy overall in the context of the network systems.
- Analyze enterprise architecture and advise on effective cyber security capabilities.
- Implement and/or assess cloud infrastructure from a security perspective and develop security controls to address findings.
- Work closely with development teams on Infrastructure as Code, Automation, and Orchestration.
- Provide Security posture and best practices for deploying web and service-based applications in Windows/Linux environments using containers.
- Translates high level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and works with multi-discipline software teams to develop lower level detailed requirements.
- Implement Cybersecurity support functions such as Configuration Management, Incident Response, Contingency Planning, Disaster Recovery, and the like.
- Possess a wealth of experience in Information Assurance and Risk Management Framework (RMF) Assessment & Authorization requirements.
- Familiar with NIST 800 series, DISA, DoD Security Standards, and RMF processes and demonstrate the ability to perform on enterprise security systems deployed to obtain Authority to Operate (ATO) and continuous threat monitoring duties.
- Complete vulnerability remediation activities, scanning/analysis, and STIG/Manual Checklist auditing.
- Follow proper evidence handling procedures and chain of custody protocols.
- Prepare weekly Cyber accomplishment and status reports.
- Check CYBERCOM/JFHQ-DODIN TASKORDs/OPORDs for new IAVA releases and other applicable TASKORDs.
- Utilize compliance scanning tools (ACAS, Fortify): running scans, evaluating results, and determining remediation steps.
- SECRET clearance.
- 3+ years of experience as a Cyber Security analyst or with cyber hardening.
- 2+ years of experience with information assurance or as an ISSO.
- Bachelor’s degree in Cyber Security, IT, Computer Science, a related field, or military experience.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical Cyber Security information effectively to internal and external stakeholders.
- Current TS/SCI clearance.
- One or more of: CISSP, CAP, CCSK, CISA or CISM certification.
- Experience supporting cloud application development (DevOps, AGILE, SCRUM with Java, JSON, Node.js, PHP, Perl, Python).
- Specialized knowledge of information technology, software engineering, IaC (Infrastructure as Code), etc.
- Familiarity with drafting ATO and C-ATO documentation.
- SECRET clearance required to start
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,000 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details, or to submit a referral: bit.ly/NovettaReferrals
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.