Cyber Security Manager
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
DeloitteFür unsere Kunden entwickeln wir integrierte Lösungen. Unsere Services umfassen Wirtschaftsprüfung, Steuerberatung, Financial Advisory und Consulting.
Deloitte provides audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries. With a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries, Deloitte brings world-class capabilities and high-quality service to clients, delivering the insights they need to address their most complex business challenges. Deloitte has more than 411,000 professionals all committed to becoming the standard of excellence of professional services firms.
Deloitte’s professionals are dedicated to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities, and enjoy an environment of continuous learning, challenging experiences, and enriching career opportunities. All our professionals are united by our shared values, a set of core principles that guide our collective behavior. They set the expectations we have for one another and define how we, as stewards of Deloitte, should behave. They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. And, importantly, they help us to earn the trust and respect of our key stakeholders. Our shared values are: Lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for measurable impact.
Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector; with offices in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda and in the process of expanding our operations by re-opening an office in Ethiopia.
A career with Deloitte offers you the opportunity to engage with and work alongside leading corporations within the East African region, and an opportunity to start and grow your career within a dynamic and rewarding environment. You will get the support, coaching and training needed to advance your career in Kenya and within the East Africa market.
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte we have a clear purpose, to make an impact that matters to our clients, our colleagues and our communities while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. From professional development to leadership opportunities and career advancement, we empower our people to be their very best - because that’s how you make an impact.
About the Department
The Risk Advisory Function integrates powerful and practical solutions in cyber security, IT Audit, risk and regulation and internal controls, backed by deep business knowledge across multi-disciplinary teams, to help our clients take the opportunity to connect, build resilience and security for a more positive outcome.
Deloitte East Africa currently has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic individual to join our Risk Advisory Department as a Cyber Security Manager. This position will be based in our Addis Ababa office in Ethiopia.
Main Purpose of the Job
The incumbent will support the partner in delivery of services to/at client premises on delegated engagements/projects. He/she will promote our leadership capabilities which are living our purpose, influence, performance drive, strategic direction and talent development.
What you will do
- Support the Partner on delivery of designated engagements and manage the implementation of the agreed deliverables;
- Lead teams to provide high-quality, professional day-to-day execution of engagements and projects in line with the Firm's risk management practices for clients across a wide range of industries;
- Supervise teams and provide coaching, quality assurance reviews, time management, and ensure constant delivery of high-quality outputs;
- Manage assignment budgets, control costs and report on exceptions;
- Identify, deliver, and manage cyber security opportunities and engagements including areas around infrastructure security, application security, network security;
- Work with clients to define scope, objectives and roadmaps for cyber security assessments and design projects;
- Generate innovative solutions on engagements in collaboration with team members to enhance / renew service offerings to clients;
- Oversee the preparation of proposals/tenders and presentations;
- Identify and recommend innovative, automated and analytics driven approaches to assess and design security controls; and
- Contribute to personal and overall team development, by staying up to date with cyber security related news, technical and regulatory developments.
- A Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
- At least six (6) years’ relevant work experience.
- Two (2) years’ work experience in a client facing role in professional services firm is an added advantage.
- A recognized professional qualification in relevant area of competency e.g., CCNA, CEH, CRISC, ITIL is an added advantage.
- Experience in managing teams.
- Proficient in report writing, presentation and interpersonal skills, including excellent written and verbal communications.
- Experience in managing and improving engagement effectiveness and efficiency.
- Strong leadership skills both on engagements and in an office environment.
- Knowledge of enterprise application assessments including controls and security design reviews
- Expert in field with sound industry and business knowledge.
- Proven ability to manage and execute projects.
- Experience in drafting and presenting client proposals.
- Strong client management and people skills.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Sound business acumen.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Strong ability to manage relationships and work for results.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Effective interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong client delivery focus
- Adaptable, managing change and ambiguity with ease
- Focus on quality and risk
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work as an effective team member in a complex and fast paced environment.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters.
Living our Purpose - Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make.
Influence - Influences member firms/stakeholders, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people.
Performance drive - Delivers exceptional service to member firms/stakeholders; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders.
Strategic direction - Understands key objectives for internal and member firms/stakeholders and Deloitte Global, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction.
Talent development - Develops high-performing people and teams through meaningful opportunities.
Inspirational Leadership - Leads by example and makes a strong positive impact through energizing others, valuing differences and contributions, and inspiring self-belief.
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world.
Deloitte opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across the African continent and globally to gain experience and access projects beyond our borders. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and thinking styles.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. #Makinganimpactthatmatters
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do research to know some background about our firm and the business area you are applying to.
If you meet the above requirements, please visit our website and apply online: Deloitte East Africa Careers portal
Your details will be treated with confidentiality and will not be shared with any third party.
Closing date: 15 March 2023.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not ask individuals to pay any fees or money as part of the recruitment process. Women and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
At Deloitte, we want everyone to feel they can be themselves and to thrive at work—in every country, in everything we do, every day. We aim to create a workplace where everyone is treated fairly and with respect, including reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. We seek to create and leverage our diverse workforce to build an inclusive environment across the African continent.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: Analytics Application security Audits CEH CRISC ITIL Network security Risk management Security assessment
Perks/benefits: Career development Flex vacation Startup environment
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Cyber Hunt SME jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ethical hacker / Pentester H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Manager Pentest H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Director of Information Security jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Terraform-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs