Product Security Engineer
US, CA, Virtual Location - California
Are you passionate about securing the cloud? Do you enjoy creating products and services that delight customers? Are you experienced with vulnerability management tools and industry compliance standards? If so, then the Amazon Inspector team has an exciting opportunity for you. We are looking for an experienced Security Engineer to help us design new security services and features to support our customers. Security services are crucial for Amazon’s long-term success as a technology services company. It is the future of Amazon. We want you to be part of our team as we rapidly expand to meet our fast growing needs.
Job responsibilities include defining customer use cases and requirements, designing and prototyping security solutions, driving security value into software services, educating customers on product features and best practices, and educating stakeholders on best practices and standards. Successful candidates will be strong leaders who are well versed in vulnerability detection and management, vulnerability remediation tools and practices, and compliance standards and government certifications. Additionally, successful candidates will be excellent communicators, have a history of successful collaboration with development teams, and be experienced prototyping security software solutions.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
· BS degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering, or equivalent industry experience
· 3+ years experience in security practices with a focus on vulnerability assessment and management
· 3+ years experience in information security and industry or government certifications and compliance
Preferred Qualifications· MS degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering
· Knowledge in security engineering, system and network security, security protocols, cryptography, and application security
· Experience building scalable solutions on AWS
· Technical experience with Linux and Window operating systems
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Please contact Jonathan Dobles - firstname.lastname@example.org for additional details.
Job tags: AWS Cryptography Linux Network security Vulnerability management
Job region(s): North America Remote/Anywhere