Principal Cloud Security Engineer
As a Principal Cloud Security Engineer, your mission is to ensure that our customers can trust our platform with their most sensitive business processes and data. You will play an important role in defining and implementing strategic, technical, and operational objectives of the cloud security program at Appian. You will help establish industry-leading security processes and practices at each phase of the software development lifecycle; design, implement, and review the security features of our platform; assist product management with the prioritization of critical security-related activities; organize educational initiatives and materials.
- Be part of a cross-organizational squad responsible for the development and maintenance of Appian’s cloud security program
- Assist Appian engineers in developing features
- Build and maintain security components throughout the cloud infrastructure
- Perform security testing as well as secure code review on cloud components
- Work with squads to perform Threat Modeling on proposed features
- Help lay out the security architecture and operational roadmap for the Appian platform and our Engineering organization
- Participate in strategic activities to evangelize security objectives and ensure their appropriate consideration in product and operational planning
- Mature Appian’s DevSecOps pipeline by modifying and improving the existing current tooling
- Research enterprise security and privacy standards and best-practices to ensure we apply them in our cloud security design and remediation processes, justifying departures and innovations to them where appropriate
- Participate in functional and technical initiation and design activities to incorporate effective threat modeling, security standards, and best practices into product design
- Educate team members and all engineers on cloud security standards and best practices, establishing regular educational activities, as well as recommending and attending appropriate training and conferences
- Report and escalate urgent threats/issues to Engineering leadership
- Develop processes and automation for security reviews and testing activities, and evaluate cloud security tools to improve our detection and prevention capabilities
- Ensure Appian’s cloud infrastructure meets all industry compliance requirements
- Contribute to Appian's long-term documentation through publishing relevant, high-quality content to Engineering's technical documentation site
Preferred Experience Level: B.S. / M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related experience. 4+ years work experience in a security role working with engineering teams. Strong understanding of: Kubernetes, Terraform, EKS, Docker, Go, Java, React, Python.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.