Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Signifyd leads the world in bringing the insights, innovation and compassion required to foster fearless commerce in a time of increasing digital threats. Working with some of the industry’s most recognizable retailers and brands, we are focused on using technology to enhance customer lifetime value and protect enterprises from fraud so they can focus on growing their business.
We process more than $100 billion in ecommerce transactions annually through our Commerce Network of more than 10,000 merchants selling in more than 100 countries. We focus every day on harnessing machine learning and artificial intelligence in more powerful ways to maximize our customers’ revenue and their security.
None of that happens without the right people.
Our team’s strength is in its diversity and its acceptance of new ideas and new ways to look at old challenges. We are dedicated disruptors designing a new world of commerce at scale. We know humans are not one-dimensional and we celebrate the uniqueness each individual brings to the problems we solve and the culture we create.
We are looking for an innovative and results-oriented individual who is passionate about information security. You should aspire to work with cutting edge technologies to solve real business problems at scale. You should embody our company values of tenacity, curiosity and agility.
As a Security Engineer at Signifyd you will work as part of a team that is focused on improving security outcomes across the company. You will operate at the front line of risk by identifying vulnerabilities and threats and collaborate cross-functionally across the organization to implement defences.
- Participate in projects to build security tooling, increase visibility and streamline response
- Advocate for security in the organization and educate personnel on best practices
- Design, integrate and build security infrastructure that allows developers to build rapidly while maintaining least-privilege access
- Help organize SOC and PCI audits, and write code to automate compliance
- Investigate security alerts and incidents
- Calibrate security infrastructure to detect and respond to business risks
- Author policies, procedures and best practices
- Develop security training curriculum
- Scan systems for vulnerabilities and perform other security testing
- You have a BS in cybersecurity, computer science, information systems, computer engineering, or equivalent work experience
- You can administer a Linux, BSD or Unix system from the CLI
- You understand computer networking fundamentals
- You can deploy and administer common cloud computing resources on AWS, GCP or similar
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present technical information to a variety of audiences
- You can manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-moving environment, and measure the outcomes of your work
- You have one or more applicable security certifications
- You can write code in a language suited to quick problem solving
- You can assess a system for vulnerabilities and then identify the ways to attack or subvert it
- You understand common attack vectors and defensive strategies
- You know how to implement common security controls
- You've used open source security scanning or exploitation tools
- You know how to filter data to look for a needle in a haystack
You’ll receive a benefits package that is one of the most competitive in Belfast;
- A competitive base salary
- An equally competitive equity package
- Bi-annual performance related bonus (10% performance related)
- Pension matched up to 8%
- ‘Day one’ access to private Healthcare, Dental and Optical insurance scheme for you and your whole family
- 25 days of annual leave (plus 10 stat)
- A LinkedIn Learning account
- Top of the range equipment and lots of Signifyd swag
- Monthly Signifyd social events organised by our social committee
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.