Cybersecurity Masters Intern
Ashburn, VA, United States
Internship Entry-level / Junior USD 70K - 76K
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Visa Cybersecurity Architecture & Product Engineering team is looking for interns focusing on the research and development of security analytics solutions. As an intern you will work with Visa's world-class cybersecurity teams on emerging security challenges to deliver innovative security solutions and disruptive technologies. You will work on research and development activities with multiple security technologies and a global team of security experts to build technologies that protect billions of transactions happening all over the world.
Key responsibilities include:
Learn about enterprise security technologies in Visa and across industries.
Identify and research emerging security threats or challenges
Research and develop analytics solutions for cybersecurity challenges, from conceptualization to POC to implementation.
Conduct business and technical analysis, code reviews and unit testing, and implement and produce technical documentation of research solutions for new development and/or system enhancements
Key research topics include:
Automated bot protection
Account Take Over (ATO) protection
Behavior-based identity assurance
Big data analytics and its application in threat detection, attack surface management, cyber incident response, and other cybersecurity challenges.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
• Pursuing a Master in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, CIS/MIS, Data Science, Cybersecurity or a related field, graduating December 2023 or later
• Strong communications skills, specifically, the absence of repeated grammatical or typographical errors, clear and concise written and spoken communications, and communications that demonstrate professional judgment.
• Strong interest in cybersecurity
• Work experience and/or academic background in one of these areas : Computer security, AI/machine learning, Secure multi-party computing (MPC), Identity, and Authentication.
• Strong understanding of algorithms and data structures
• Strong understanding of algorithms and data structures
• Experience and/or academic background in working of large scale of distributed and hybrid system, and/or large datasets is a plus
• Knowledge and experience working on Single Page Applications development, RESTful services, SQL and NoSQL databases in agile environment is a plus
• Experience with web user behavior tracking and analysis is a plus
• Applicable for AI/machine learning area
o Experience and/or academic background building and designing big data solutions and AI/machine learning powered using modern big data and ML/AI technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Cloud, No-SQL, TensorFlow, H2O etc.) in an agile manner
o Hands-on experience and/or academic background developing systems for the machine learning lifecycle: data preprocessing and feature extraction, model training and evaluation, and deployment and monitoring
• Applicable for Non - AI/machine learning areas
o Hands-on experience and/or academic background in understanding of basic security concepts
o Familiarity with basic mobile application development (Android or iOS) is a plus.
o Familiarity with Golang is a plus.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is $35/hr to $38/hr, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.
Perks/benefits: Career development Equity Health care Insurance Salary bonus Team events Wellness
More jobs like this
Reston, Virginia, United States Reston, Virginia, United States Full TimeEntry Entry-levelUSD 44K - 81K * USD 44K+ *
Junior OSINT AnalystClearance DoD Open Source OSINT Polygraph Security Clearance Strategy +1
Career development Flex hours Flexible spending account Flex vacation Health care +1
Pittsburgh, PA, United States Pittsburgh, PA, United States Full TimeEntry Entry-levelUSD 120K - 160K USD 120K+
Research Scientist / Research Engineer - Security and PrivacyC C++ Computer Science Cryptography Intrusion detection Machine Learning Mathematics +6
401(k) matching Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Health care +4
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Cyber Hunt SME jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ethical hacker / Pentester H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Manager Pentest H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Director of Information Security jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Terraform-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs