DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION
OpenClassrooms makes education and career mobility accessible to everyone, everywhere. 🌎
We are the leading online education platform in Europe and Africa, offering fully-accredited online diplomas based on the skills of the future and gathering a passionate community of 2 million students a month from around the world.
Welcome to the education revolution! #BecomeFutureProof
We are looking for a Security Engineer to join OpenClassrooms reporting directly to the Tech Director - to define our security strategy and implement it
This is a new role at OpenClassrooms and the successful candidate will be confident in coming in and establishing it to add value as quickly as possible.
We are facing multiple challenges security-wise : we need to establish a clear plan toward ISO 27001 while at the same time respond to security threats and change the current habits. This role spans from functional security to technical implementation - we are looking for a versatile professional.
This role can be partially remote or office based. Given most of the business activity is currently in France - it would make sense for the successful candidate to be based in France and to be a fluent English and French speaker.
In this role, you will:
- Contribute to our security strategy with the help of the Tech Director
- Spread a security-aware culture
- Contribute to the bugbounty and phishing campaigns
- Gather requirements and needs through exchanges with Sales
- Write and maintain security process in line with ISO 27001, with a mid term goal to be certified
- Own the risk assessment and associated mitigation plans
- Troubleshoot and investigate security incidents with the help of our outsourcer
- Deploy, configure and run our security tools and services
- Contribute to the global architecture of the information system
- Strong security and operations background
- Familiarity with AWS and cloud providers in general
- Professional knowledge of devops toolchain
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically with strong attention to detail in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with Data Privacy, Business Continuity, System Architecture and Technology Resilience
- Curious, investigative and analytical
- Exceptional interpersonal and communicative skills, both written and verbal.
- Positive attitude, "can-do" approach, team-player and decisive activity leader
- Excellent organisation skills - ability to plan and organise work so that it is efficient and effective
- Fluent English and French communication skills, both written and verbal (C1 in both languages)
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and constantly evolving environment
DESIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Relevant professional experience with proven ability to manage large and complicated projects with experience leading cross-functional projects and teams, driving results
- Experience with infrastructure as code
- Experience creating a new function from scratch
Reports to Tech Director
The journey starts with a phone interview with a HR Talent Acquisition team member (30 minutes).
For the 1st round of interviews we plan face to face meetings with:
- Jonathan Lefebvre (Tech Director), (30 minutes)
- HR Talent Acquisition team member (1 hour)
For the 2nd round of interviews, you plan to:
- Take a technical assessment (business or study case,…) to be done at home or at the office (2 hours)
- Take an English or French test to be done at home (at your own pace)
For the final round, we plan face to face with:
- 2 or 4 peers from teams across the organization to discuss about Culture and Values at OpenClassrooms (2 hours)
- Meet with CTO (1 hour)
If you reach the final round, you will be asked to provide us with 5 professional references contact detail.
Feel free to get the gist of who we are : https://openclassrooms.com/courses/how-do-we-work-at-openclassrooms
WHAT WE OFFER
- Remote working encouraged for employees
- For Paris-based office employees - Pass Navigo paid by OpenClassrooms
- Health insurance for free (“Mutuelle” monthly fee entirely paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Meal vouchers (Employer contribution at the max authorized by law)
- Access to gym for free (Gymlib paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Unlimited days off and a 1.000€ premium once a year for 15+ days off taken
- A company MacBook
- A work environment and a strong culture built on agility, openness, respect and high quality
👉 OpenClassrooms is a French hyper-growth company eligible to the French Tech Visa program. That means, for foreign candidates, benefiting from the accelerated procedure to apply for a "Talent Passport" residence permit. There is also a simplified "accompanying family" procedure available for spouse and dependent minor children.
More information here: https://visa.lafrenchtech.com/4/french-tech-visa-for-employees
👉 We are an equal opportunity employer who value diversity and welcome everyone who wants to join us and make education accessible. We are at an exciting moment and we deeply believe that various backgrounds and experiences will lead to a better product for our students.
👉 Working at OpenClassrooms means joining a dynamic and stimulating team, take up challenges, meet awesome people every week, and change the world, a little bit, everyday! 🌎