Senior Director, Product Security Architecture
Austin, TX, United States
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Be a product security champion by driving security architecture/design, implementation, optimization for web, API, and mobile backend applications across Visa.
Manage/mentor a senior team of Product Security Architects and drive their career development
Engage in the initial requirements definition (including analysis of threats and risks) and align with Visa Cybersecurity, Engineering, IT and Architecture standards.
Conduct and facilitate security reviews and threat modelling, including deep design reviews throughout the development lifecycle.
Automate security tools and processes ensuring innovation and advancement strategies that keep pace in the areas of access control, security-in-depth, secure transaction processing, secure coding practices for web and mobile applications.
Analyze and track development process, proactively monitor OSS security efforts and approach can go a long way in being prepared to handle open-source security risks.
Demonstrable experience on big data security with experience designing secure applications for Relational, NoSQL, In-Memory database(s), Hadoop, Kafka etc.
Facilitate communication with cross-functional groups.
Work with product organization to develop secure business requirements, develop the security architecture, and integrate into our longer-term platform strategy.
Define solution-level security architecture for applications that conform to Visa's security standards.
Work directly with project development teams to enable successful project implementation applying the recommended security tools, technologies, and techniques. Provide expertise to project team engineers as needed.
Be the escalation point of contact for the product development teams when issues need to be resolved.
Stay up to date on new security tools & techniques in the information security space.
Help business and product team to achieve various compliance certifications like Payment Card Industry (PCI), Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC), etc.
Be responsible for overall planning, direction, and oversight of multiple projects, products, services, or functions.
Identify and analyze system and application-level vulnerabilities to provide recommended counter measures or mitigating controls that reduce risk to an acceptable and manageable level.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
• 12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA /JD/MD), or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
• 15 or more years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 12 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, or MD), PhD with 9+ years of experience
• 15 years of experience in architecting, designing, and developing large enterprise class applications with increasing responsibilities.
• A minimum of 7+ years of security architecture experience working with large scale transaction processing ecosystems.
• A minimum of 5+ years of building, mentoring, and managing a team of Cybersecurity architects.
• The Ideal candidate will also have one or more of the following certifications: CISSP, CISM, CEH, SANS/GIAC.
• Experience working to secure Payment Authorization (ISO 8385 messages), Payment Authentication (3-D Secure), and Payment Tokenization ecosystems.
• Conducting in-depth technical reviews of enterprise systems to identify the appropriate mitigation strategies required to bring these systems into compliance with established policy and industry guidelines.
• Proven ability to build threat models and analyze security weaknesses in complex deployments with varying technology stacks
• Providing ongoing gap analysis of current policies, practices, and procedures as they relate to established guidelines outlined by Industry standards.
• Deep experience in architecting mission critical application(s) with at least $100 Million annual revenue.
• Expertise in securing the integration of multiple environments across on-premises, multi-cloud, and hybrid architectures. Strong understanding of application and network security.
• Experience as a technical leader of 20+ people, organizing and mentoring all levels of engineers/architects.
• Proficiency in performing risk, business impact, control, and vulnerability assessments, and in defining treatment strategies.
• Experience in the Cybersecurity elements of Mergers and Acquisitions is a strong plus for this role. Provide strong stakeholder management, to bridge the gap between Visa and the acquired entities technology organizations.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 163,600.00 to 225,000.00 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: APIs Big Data CEH CISM CISSP Cloud Compliance GIAC Network security NoSQL PhD Product security SANS Strategy Vulnerabilities
Perks/benefits: Career development Equity Health care Insurance Salary bonus Wellness
More jobs like this
Bellevue, WA, United States Bellevue, WA, United States Full TimeExecutive Executive-levelUSD 185K - 250K USD 185K+
Managing Director - Cybersecurity EngineeringAndroid Automation AWS Azure Blockchain C CCPA +39
Career development Cell phone stipend Equity Fitness / gym Flex hours +7
United States (Flexible) United States (Flexible) Full TimeExecutive Executive-levelUSD 73K - 136K * USD 73K+ *
Director, Product Management - Threat Detection (Remote - US)Agile CI/CD Cloud EDR Kubernetes Monitoring Open Source +3
Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours Startup environment +1
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Cyber Hunt SME jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ethical hacker / Pentester H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Manager Pentest H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Director of Information Security jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Terraform-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs