Cyber Security Analyst - Sr. Consultant Level
Ashburn, VA, United States
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Information security is an integral part of Visa's corporate culture. It is essential to maintaining our position as an industry leader in electronic payments, which is why Visa has made it a priority to create top-tier security operations and incident response teams to defend the company against evolving cyber threats. If you would like to join a company where security is truly valued, where you can work with like-minded peers who are passionate about the art & science of cyber defense, and where you can use state of the art tools for maximum impact, then we have a home for you.
The successful candidate will be a senior member in a team of incident responders at one of Visa's Cyber Fusion Centers located in Ashburn, VA. The team is part of a larger organization located across multiple geographical sites that are responsible for the comprehensive cyber defense of Visa and its subsidiaries.
Mitigate and contain identified threats using approved incident response methodologies.
Initiate escalation procedures and incident response processes as defined in operational plan.
Provide subject matter expertise as an escalation point for security incidents to ensure proper assessment, containment and mitigation is taken in daily security incident response operation.
Be a technical lead contributor to high-severity incident response efforts which involve multiple teams in order to reach containment, primarily aiding in incident analysis and reporting.
Provide mentorship to improve technical capabilities of junior analysts within the sub-function.
Perform threat hunting and alert trend analysis to find inconspicuous threats. Identify trends, potential new technologies, and emerging threats which may impact the business.
Operationalize actionable Threat Intelligence reports from internal and external sources.
Assist with the security monitoring enrollment process to ensure adequate coverage and effectiveness of all new and existing cloud and on-premise based applications, services and platforms.
Facilitate the development and tuning of detection use-cases to support enrollments and ensure high fidelity alerting in SIEM.
Work closely with other cross-functional teams within Cybersecurity to identify gaps and improve cybersecurity posture
Develop and review Incident Response Playbooks and SOPs to streamline incident response strategy and action across IR team.
Work with colleagues in other technology departments as well as the business and product offices to establish effective, productive business relationships.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office three days a week, Monday through Wednesday, with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
• 8 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 5 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 2 years of work experience with a PhD
• 9 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 7 or more relevant years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 or more years of experience with a PhD
• 7+ years of related experience in Cybersecurity incident response, investigation or computer network defense functions.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or a related technical discipline or equivalent professional experience directly related to information security, cybersecurity, or computer network defense
• Relevant Security related certifications a plus: CISSP, GCIA, GCIH, GCED, GCFA, GREM, OSCP
• Demonstrated experience in investigating cyber security incidents in enterprise-level incident response team or security operations center.
• Proven subject matter expertise in relevant areas such as incident response, malware analysis, threat intelligence or security engineering.
• Solid understanding of TCP/IP protocol and internetworking technology including packet analysis, routing and switching.
• Strong technical knowledge of Windows internals, infrastructure services and common network applications.
• Strong knowledge of software security including web applications security.
• Strong Scripting skills (Python, Perl).
• Strong working knowledge in malware analysis.
• Strong knowledge in digital and network forensics investigation.
• Working knowledge of common security tools such as SIEM, AV, WAF, IDS, Netflow, Packet Analyzer and Endpoint Detection & Response tools.
• Excellent problem-solving skills, with tenacity and resilience to resolve issues.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills with demonstrated skill in presenting analytical data effectively to varied audiences (including executive)
• Knowledge of the Visa business and core systems to ensure integrated approach to the enrollment process a plus
U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 128,100 to 166,500 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: CISSP Cloud Computer Science Cyber defense Forensics GCED GCFA GCIA GCIH GREM IDS Incident response Malware Monitoring OSCP Perl PhD Python Scripting SIEM SOC Strategy TCP/IP Threat intelligence Windows
Perks/benefits: Equity Health care Insurance Salary bonus Startup environment Wellness
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Cyber Hunt SME jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ethical hacker / Pentester H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Manager Pentest H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Director of Information Security jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Terraform-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs