Senior Manager Product Security Research
Chicago, Illinois, United States
ServiceNowServiceNow allows employees to work the way they want to, not how software dictates they have to. And customers can get what they need, when they need it.
At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can’t wait, and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers and communities. By joining ServiceNow, you are part of an ambitious team of change makers who have a restless curiosity and a drive for ingenuity. We know that your best work happens when you live your best life and share your unique talents, so we do everything we can to make that possible. We dream big together, supporting each other to make our individual and collective dreams come true. The future is ours, and it starts with you.
With more than 7,400+ customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're proud to be one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For® and World's Most Admired Companies® 2022.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Unsure if you meet all the qualifications of a job description but are deeply excited about the role? We still encourage you to apply! At ServiceNow, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment where all voices are heard, valued, and respected. We welcome all candidates, including individuals from non-traditional, varied backgrounds, that might not come from a typical path connected to this role. We believe skills and experience are transferrable, and the desire to dream big makes for great candidates.
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
The Security Research team produces investigative reports that drive a reduction in operational security risk. Paired with a toolkit of code/program and dynamic environmental analysis skills, Security Research provides guidance on primary security controls, best practices, and product enhancement. Exploration techniques focus on problems broadly, measuring industry trends and product insecurity across ServiceNow’s cloud environment. A goal of the Research team is to continually drive ServiceNow’s reputation as a leader in cloud security.
As a Sr. Manager Product Security Research, you’ll be responsible for overseeing a team that performs software security auditing and research. This will require experience with project scoping and management for targeted application security review. Coordinating work will require a deep dive of knowledge of application security concepts including secure code review, debugging, dynamic web application analysis and threat modeling.
What you get to do in this role:
- Lead a team of experienced application security professionals focused on the security of ServiceNow’s platform of platforms and general software security research (including non-proprietary Common of the shelf software (COTS) and open-source software)
- Assist with development/curation of social media content created by the Security Research team
- Assist with targeted security audits of the ServiceNow SaaS platform with an emphasis on software security
- Oversee the development of targeted fuzzing solutions
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 2-3 years of experience leading a software security team with an emphasis on scoping and overseeing delivery of greybox application security reviews. Prior experience in application security consulting management preferred.
- Experience developing software fault injection or fuzzing solutions recommended
- Experience building project plans, managing deadlines, and monitoring project progress. Background working on a Product Security or Agile/Scrum development process is a plus.
- Strong verbal communication skills with an emphasis on application remediation processes
- Ability to deliver technical documentation and communicate technical concepts to both non-technical business users as well as technical stakeholders
- In-depth knowledge of common web application vulnerabilities (OWASP Top Ten)
- Experience with Threat modeling and threat modeling tools recommended
- Knowledge of software supply chain risk and mitigation
- Experience with Python Data Science and Machine Learning frameworks preferred
- Experience with network and system security hardening recommended
- Degree in computer science / engineering, informatics, mathematics/statistics, or equivalent work experience
- Offensive Security OSWE and/or OSCP certification(s) a plus
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
At ServiceNow, we lead with flexibility and trust in our distributed world of work. Click here to learn about our work personas: flexible, remote and required-in-office.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at email@example.com for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Perks/benefits: Career development Flex hours
More jobs like this
Santa Clara, California, United … Santa Clara, California, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 137K - 240K USD 137K+
Staff Network Security Engineer - FederalAnsible Audits Automation Azure Cloud Compliance DDoS +12
401(k) matching Competitive pay Equity Flex hours Health care
Santa Clara, CA, United … Santa Clara, CA, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 141K - 229K USD 141K+
Palo Alto Networks
Senior Staff DevSecOps Engineer (Information Security)Ansible Application security Automation AWS CI/CD Cloud Compliance +13
Career development Medical leave Salary bonus
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Cyber Hunt SME jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ethical hacker / Pentester H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Manager Pentest H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Director of Information Security jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Terraform-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs