Staff DevOps Engineer, Cybersecurity Products & Engineering
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
What is it all about?
Working as part of the Cybersecurity Products & Engineering team within Visa Global Cybersecurity org
As the world’s largest electronic payments network, Visa customers trust us with ensuring that they can pay with security and confidence everywhere they want to be.
The mission of the Cybersecurity Products and Engineering team is to build and engineer the next generation of cybersecurity solutions to ensure that we can maintain this trust going forward and ensure that Visa is protected against the highly sophisticated threats and attacks by threat actors. Think of this team as a startup within Visa and building novel cutting-edge products to secure Visa and its ecosystem.
What we expect of you, day to day.
This role requires a DevOps engineer for the Visa Behavior Analytics (VBA) cybersecurity product team and will be responsible for the operational activities in pre-production environments, providing support for the VBA application build teams, which is making use of Go, Kafka, Docker, and NoSQL databases in a micro-services and web-service architecture, leveraging configuration automation tools such as Jenkins and operational tools such as Splunk, Sysdig, and Prometheus.
The role will additionally have a key responsibility for creating DevOps tools and capabilities both to aid the current build activities and for the long-term running of the VBA application, for example CI/CD pipelines, test automation, and operational monitoring.
A successful candidate would have a working knowledge of most of the technologies with a deep understanding of one or more and a desire to learn more. More products will be added over time, which could bring more technologies into the remit of the team, so flexibility, and a desire to learn is key. As Go is an evolving language, we will consider candidates with a strong background in C or java, additionally, experience with operating system internals, networking protocols and file systems is beneficial.
The ideal candidate has proven and demonstrable experience of implementing and maintaining Dev Ops infrastructure and capability for an enterprise grade micro services architecture in a highly available (five 9s) environment. You also have background providing Level 2 and Level 3 technical support and troubleshooting issues in the release builds and deployments.
They will also have spent time developing code within a software development team having familiarity with the entire software development lifecycle including version control, build process, testing, and code release and be comfortable working/leading on multiple workstreams.
We will be expecting the DevOps software engineer to provide guidance to DevOps team members, act as the design authority, shape best practice and ways of working within the team. As a staff software engineer, the candidate will be expected to lead on specific project level deliverables, maintaining stakeholder relationships with business and operations partners whilst mentoring more junior members of the team.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
QualificationsWe think about careers differently …. While this is a role within cybersecurity team, background of cybersecurity is not required. At Visa, we are passionate to offer our employees compelling career growth opportunities. As such, even if you do not have experience of this function listed below, there could be skills or experiences, which would transfer well.
• Experience: Candidate must possess 5 years of work experience with a bachelor’s degree or at least 3 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g., Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree in the fields of computer science or equivalent. Candidates without a college degree will also be considered, subject to additional technical assessments or if the candidate is able to demonstrate via experience.
• Skilled with Kafka, Docker & Kubernetes with hands-on experience in deployment, architecture design, and optimization.
• Skilled at CI/CD using automation tools such as Chef, Jenkins, Puppet, Ansible.
• Experience using and configuring operational tools such as Splunk, and Kibana.
• Experienced at administering a code repo such as GitHub
• Development experience with Golang (alternatively a strong background in C or Java)
• Technical experience with distributed databases such as Cassandra and caching technology such as Redis is a plus
• Distributed computing and high frequency transactions is a plus
• Previous experience with financial services or payments processing domain is a plus.
• Similarly, experience working with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, GCP, Azure) and infrastructure-as-code (e.g., Terraform) is a plus.
Additional InformationVisa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: Analytics Ansible Automation AWS Azure C Cassandra CI/CD Cloud Computer Science DevOps Docker GCP GitHub Golang Java Kubernetes Monitoring NoSQL PhD Prometheus Puppet Redis Splunk Terraform
Perks/benefits: Career development Startup environment Team events
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Hunt SME jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Ethical hacker / Pentester H/F jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Manager Pentest H/F jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Terraform-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs