Sr. Cybersecurity Engineer (DevSecOps - Infrastructure)
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Visa's Cyber Engineering team is looking for an Open source & Automation Engineer who will be responsible for transforming large scale infrastructure from manually executed releases, patching and upgrades into a highly automated process utilizing the latest in scripted and automated execution of large-scale Cyber Security initiatives. In this position, you are a passionate and talented engineer/developer with problem-solving abilities and very strong infrastructure skill with a coding/testing/debugging background/familiarity who can work in a dynamic environment. You must be dedicated to delivering production-ready solutions in short time frames and willing to go beyond the routine. Compliance with ITIL processes & resolution of security vulnerabilities, with limited manual interaction, is a core component of this role.
- Implementation of solution for automating responses to health alerts of various applications and security appliances.
- Development of Ansible playbooks to ensure zero human touch upgrades, both for internal infrastructure, application patching, upgrades etc..
- Development & tuning of multi-layered alerts to provide early warning of critical system resources and ensuring a near zero downtime matrix.
- Scheduled maintenance activities to keep the infrastructure components robust with latest patches and updated versions of software running in the infrastructure stack.
- Experience in management of Open Source infra health monitoring technologies like Kapacitor, Prometheus, Grafana and so on.
- Expertise in using Ansible, Git and configuration management tools.
- Implementation of automation using scripting languages such as Python, Bash, Go Lang etc
- Develop innovative solutions to protect the Visa brand, networks, assets and products by implementing state-the-art detection, prevention, and response capabilities
- Design, engineer, operationalize and maintain the secure systems which support continuous deployment/integration solutions with strong focus towards innovation & Ansible or other tooling to execute seamless automation.
- Have strong problem solving and debugging skills.
- Efficiently managed and maintained cluster of devices in large scale enterprise datacenters with minimum to zero downtime.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and above all, you are a team player!
- Mentor and lead the team on various aspect of business and security technologies.
- Understanding of ITIL based ticketing processes & ability to document and correctly communicate Change/Install plans which utilize Change windows and ticket-based tracking.
Key Skills Needed:
- Ansible Playbook Creation & Development
- Agile development - incorporating Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery utilizing technologies such as GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Crucible, Sonar, Junit
- Linux - Strong Linux and systems engineering knowledge with a good understanding of Identity and Access Management methodologies.
- Python - Experience with python libraries & frameworks
- Elastic Stack - You have used Kibana and Elastic search for logging and developed plugins, codecs for specific use cases.
- Network experience: Socket, TCP/IP, UDP and Multicast
- CI/CD Experience with triggered events
- Ability to identify and remediate security issues, such as continuously ensuring packages are at latest versions and automatically regression tested
- Independent - no micro managing here, but, you must be able to communicate
- Configuration Management - Experience with Configuration management tools Such as Ansible/Salt stack/Chef/Puppet.
- AngularJS - You've built Angular directives beyond just wrapping a Jquery plugin around an element
- Node.js - You've created multiple API-centric web applications
- Web Server (NGINX/Apache) configuration expertise
- Understanding of Cloud based solutions (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) and capabilities for automation (Terraform etc..) with in the Cloud.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
• Minimum 8 years of experience in designing and maintaining enterprise infrastructure solutions.
• Experience in Project life cycle activities on development and maintenance projects. Including CI/CD and tools development – preferably open source
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree required from an accredited institution.
• Strong customer centric mindset.
• Proactive sense of urgency and 'can do' attitude
• Strategic thinker who can balance big picture strategy with detailed, flawless execution
• Financial services and card payments experience is a plus
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent team player
• CISSP, CISA, SANS is a plus
Additional InformationVisa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: Agile Ansible APIs Automation AWS Azure Bash CI/CD CISA CISSP Cloud Compliance DevSecOps GCP Grafana IAM ITIL Linux Monitoring Nginx Node.js Open Source Prometheus Puppet Python SANS Scripting Strategy TCP/IP Terraform Vulnerabilities Windows
Perks/benefits: Team events
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Hunt SME jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Ethical hacker / Pentester H/F jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Manager Pentest H/F jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Terraform-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs