Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst - Chinese Cybercrime
What you’ll do as a Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst:
- Monitor cybercrime trends, activities, and methodology across multiple platforms including open-source reporting, dark web forums & markets, as well as chat services and other direct communications
- Conduct research into cybercrime topics, focusing primarily on China and other Asian countries, and using primarily (but not exclusively) Chinese-language sources
- Conduct research into non-financially motivated threats in Asia including hacktivism, extremism, and disinformation
- Write reports ranging from brief descriptions of threats and threat actors to detailed finished intelligence reports for clients and the general public
- Respond to client requests for information
- Engage with threat actors to obtain additional information beyond what is publicly available
- Represent Recorded Future at conferences and presentations, including webinars, speaking engagements, client presentations, scoping calls, and media interviews
- Collaborate within and across teams to help enhance Recorded Future’s collection, sourcing, research, and reporting capabilities, including by mentoring more junior analysts
What you’ll bring to the Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst role (required):
- Fluent or near-fluent command of Mandarin Chinese (written and spoken)
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the operations, communications, and motivating factors of cybercriminals across the Chinese and East Asian community
- Experience operating on the dark web and other underground platforms, as well as Chinese language social media and chat apps
- Knowledge and understanding of malicious tools and software used for cybercriminal activity
- Knowledge and understanding of best security practices to maintain the anonymity of both yourself and Recorded Future while operating on dark web sources
- Ability to collaborate with team members at all levels, working towards a unified goal
Additional skills/experience (preferred but not required)
- Japanese, Korean, or other East Asian or Southeast Asian languages
- Knowledge of non-financially motivated cybercrime such as hacktivism, extremism, and disinformation in East and Southeast Asia
- Understanding of fraud and money laundering TTPs;
- Understanding of political and social realities across the environment
Why should you join Recorded Future?
From over 35 nationalities, our Futurists are the perfect recipe of humility, accountability, and collaborative attitudes. Our dedication to empowering clients with elite intelligence to disrupt adversaries has earned us a 4.7-star user rating from Gartner and 8 of the top 10 Fortune 100 companies as clients.
Want more info?
Blog & Podcast: Learn everything you want to know (and maybe some things you’d rather not know) about the world of cyber threat intelligence
Instagram & Twitter: What’s happening at Recorded Future
The Record: The Record is a cybersecurity news publication that explores the untold stories in this rapidly changing field
Timeline: History of Recorded Future
We are committed to maintaining an environment that attracts and retains talent from a diverse range of experiences, backgrounds and lifestyles. By ensuring all feel included and respected for being unique and bringing their whole selves to work, Recorded Future is made a better place every day.
Recorded Future will not discharge, discipline or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.
Recorded Future is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Recorded Future does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.