Senior Pen Testing Specialist
London, United Kingdom
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
What’s it all about?
Cybersecurity is at the beating heart of our business. Our diligence and expertise is what makes us undisputed leader in electronic payments. We’ve made it our priority to create exemplary security operations and incident response teams, poised to defend us against any potential cyber threats.
We’re looking for those of you who are inherently driven and fascinated by the art and science of cyber defence. We’ll equip you with the very best tools and tech so that you can deliver top notch results.
Continuous self-development underpins job fulfilment at Visa. If you have a burning desire for self-development, working with us will expose you to challenges and opportunities to hone your skills. We’ll provide the right environment and a plethora of top notch professionals to learn with and from.
The nitty gritty
So what do we expect of you day to day?
- The objective of Visa’s Penetration Testing program is to pro-actively identify weaknesses and shortcomings in Visa’s security posture and recommend necessary controls and procedures to protect Visa adversarial threats. With this mission in mind, our pentest experts are pro-actively involved in engagements that simulate adversarial threats & attacks in a timely manner.
- The Senior Pen Test Specialist will be a key contributor for performing internal and external ethical hacks of Visa applications and systems. Pentest team members also help with design, development and recommendation of security solutions to protect Visa proprietary/confidential data and systems.
- Conducting high risk and sensitive ethical hacks of internally and externally hosted applications according to scope defined by the pen test team
- Subject matter expertise in web, mobile and network penetration testing with track record of end to end testing of complex systems
- Co-ordinate and execute system/network level pen tests and ethical hacking exercises
- Pro-actively research and Identify network and system vulnerabilities and provide recommended counter measures or controls to reduce risk to acceptable and manageable level.
- Reviews results of network and application ethical hacks in order to determine severity of findings and to ensure proper remediation is applied.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting of findings and proposed remediation and mitigations.
- Technical support could include but not limited to the following: (1) Audit support & remediation, (2) Process Improvement, (3) Analysis & Reporting, (4) Cross Divisional Functional education, training and awareness, (5) function/Methodology/Strategy advancement.
- Provide technical support to senior management in identifying and streamlining new/existing protocols and tools used by the penetration testing team.
- Develop and automate scripts, tools and resources needed to advance ethical hacking capabilities around new and emerging technologies like mobile, cloud and embedded systems
- Ensure effective working and collaborative partnerships with other Visa teams and departments.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
QualificationsWhat we’re after…
• Proven track record of significant expertise and experience in web application and network penetration testing
• The candidate will ideally hold one or more of the following - CREST Certified Tester – Infrastructure or Application or other equivalent certifications
• Good knowledge on performing pen test assessments on containers and cloud environments (Azure, AWS, GCP)
• Exposure to mainframe penetration testing would be an added advantage
• Strong understanding of cryptographic concepts and applied cryptography (SSL, AES etc.)
• Proficiency in one or more scripting language. E.g. Perl, Python, Shell Scripting etc.
• Proficiency in one or more high level programming languages like Java, C, C++, Ruby etc.
• Understanding of OWASP Top 10 and SANS Top 25 web application and network vulnerabilities
• Detailed understanding of OSI and TCP stack with emphasis on computer architecture and networking protocols
• Knowledge of web application technologies and layer 7 protocols like HTTP, DHCP, DNS, FTP etc.
• Good understanding of networking concepts around Ethernet, switched LAN and WAN environment
• Prior knowledge or academic familiarity with reverse engineering, malware analysis, security research and forensic tools will be an added advantage
• Proven record of leading and managing large complex projects
• Experience in mentoring and supervising team members
Additional InformationVisa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: AES AWS Azure C Cloud CREST Cryptography DNS Ethical hacking GCP Incident response Java Mainframe Malware OWASP Pentesting Perl Python Reverse engineering Ruby SANS Scripting Strategy Vulnerabilities
Perks/benefits: Startup environment
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Hunt SME jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Ethical hacker / Pentester H/F jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Manager Pentest H/F jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Terraform-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs