Senior Cybersecurity Engineer (Network Security)
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
This is an individual contributor role responsible for solving problems and taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. This is at intermediate professional level and works independently with minimal guidance and requires a high-level proficiency in networking and security disciplines.
• This position is responsible for day-to-day administration of network firewalls and proxy systems, designed to protect networks and systems from malicious/unauthorized network access or misuse.
• Developing and maintaining automation software and scripts for managing production networks
• Primary responsibilities include, updating firewall rules/policies to meet customer requirements, validating that user requests do not allow unauthorized network access, firewall log analysis, troubleshooting network connectivity problem via use of packet captures using packet capture technologies.
• Having broad knowledge of information security, understanding application, data, threats and mitigation, and security trends.
• Troubleshooting firewall fault conditions and coordinating firewall rebuild efforts
• Coordinates with the Security Operations Center to proactively defend against the known exploits and vulnerabilities.
• Configures internet proxy servers to restrict corporate internet access to support the company's acceptable use policy.
• Diagnoses and resolves network connectivity problems in short time frames
• Applies security software patches, and assists in capacity expansions.
• Updates incident and change management records
• Provides technical support for activities that improve the security posture of Visa's networks.
Provides 24x7 on-call support whenever preformation the duty of on-call, which has roaster that is rotated. Need to work on shift hours, UK shift 1:00 PM to 10:00 PM OR US Shift/Night Shift 10:00 PM to Next day 7:00 AM with one hour break.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
• 5 or more years of relevant work experience with a bachelor’s degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
• Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or a related field is required. Post graduate degree a plus
• A minimum of 8+ years of professional experience.
• Strong experience in standard Enterprise Network Firewalls such as Check Point, Fortinet, and Palo Alto Networks.
• Strong experience on WAF solution on cloud and on prem, such as Imperva, Akamai Cloud, F5, Fortinet etc
• Strong experience on Anti-DDoS Solutions – Radware, Nexusguards, Arbor Networks, Akamai
• Ability to manage Provider-1 and/or Panorama management and logging systems
• Experience in network automation
• Experience deploying, configuring, and maintaining Linux OS
• Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools (Ansible, Chef, Terraform, etc.)
• Experience with high-level programming languages (Bash, Python, Ruby, etc.)
• Experience interacting with REST APIs and related tools like Postman
• Self-motivated, attitude of ownership, and a strong desire to learn
• Lead and mentor junior team members, on various aspects of network security.
• Experience administering enterprise IP networks in mission-critical, 24x7 production environments
• Demonstrated ability to systematically troubleshoot problems in complex systems and network environments
• Experience supporting Bluecoat Proxy, Cisco ASA and Arbor technologies and policy management
• Experience in Linux and Windows operating systems (high comfort level using CLI interface)
• Check Point Administrator (CCSA), Check Point Engineer (CCSE), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Certified Ethical Hacker, CompTIA Security+ certifications preferred
• Experience in F5 GTM , Radware , Nexusguards , Arbor networks is a plus
• Familiar with ITIL concepts such as Incident, Change, and Problem Management
Additional InformationVisa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: Ansible APIs Automation Bash Cloud CompTIA Computer Science DDoS Exploits Firewalls ITIL Linux Log analysis Network security PhD PostMan Python Ruby SOC Terraform Vulnerabilities Windows
Perks/benefits: Startup environment
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Cyber Hunt SME jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ethical hacker / Pentester H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Manager Pentest H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Director of Information Security jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Terraform-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs