Manager, CIO Vulnerability Management
Southbury, Connecticut, US
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
*** This role is located ONSITE (after covid) in the IBM office in Southbury, CT ***
There is no relocation assistance offered and no remote work option (post covid).
Do you love the challenge of keeping enterprise assets secure? Do you want every day to be a bit different and allow you to work with individuals across the spectrum of the organization? If so, please read on.
The Manager of CIO Vulnerability Management position is responsible for helping to safeguard the company's assets, intellectual property, and computer systems in support of the CIO’s business objectives. The applicant will be responsible for detecting vulnerabilities, researching potential impact to the organization, and communicating the risks to IBM’s business units. The CIO Vulnerability Management Manager prioritizes work among a team of skilled analysts to address complex or difficult problems as needed within the CIO Cybersecurity Operations Center environment.
This role requires a passion for researching, finding, and identifying the latest cyber threats to IBM. Using a multitude of sources, both internal and external to IBM, the manager of vulnerability management will work to develop proactive, anticipatory, and reactionary actions against aggressors.
- Provide leadership, governance and oversight to the effectiveness of the Vulnerability Management program within the organization
- Proactively measure the effectiveness of the program through monitoring conformance against baseline, patching and application security requirements and standards
- Analyze and prioritize scan results and coordinate with CIO Cybersecurity staff to assist in identifying mitigation strategies
- Interface and coordinate with system owners and support teams to analyze and review mitigation strategies; provide guidance and assist when strategies need to be enhanced
- Coordinate scanning for CIO assets, report discovered vulnerabilities, and assist with mitigation strategies for vulnerabilities that cannot be corrected
- Create and maintain a strategic reporting mechanism to ensure stakeholders understand Objectives &Key Results (OKRs) associated with the vulnerability management program
- Manage a team of Cybersecurity analysts as part of the Vulnerability Management program in the CIO
- Use your strong communication and advocacy skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to express complex and technical issues in clear and concise business terms
- As a self-starter focused on learning and continuous improvement bring your passion for cybersecurity and stay on top of security, threats, and technology trends and make a difference.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years Information Security / Cybersecurity environment experience
- Advanced experience with industry vulnerability scanning and assessment tools
- Advanced experience in gathering, assessing and distributing threat intelligence
- Experience in performing verification and validation activities
- Experience in performing security configuration compliance verification and gap assessments
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 2+ years working in Information Security Technology or Vulnerability Management or related discipline
- Experience with MITRE ATT&CK framework
- Experience with threat hunting and threat intelligence
- Experience with industry standard defensive tools including EDR
- Comfortable working with a team in an agile environment
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM’s financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Finance Strategy Threat intelligence Vulnerabilities Vulnerability management
Job region(s): North America