Director - Cyber Defense
Ashburn, VA, United States
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Information security is an integral part of Visa's corporate culture. It is essential to maintaining our position as an industry leader in electronic payments, which is why Visa has made it a priority to create top-tier security operations and incident response teams to defend the company against evolving cyber threats. If you would like to join a company where security is truly valued, where you can work with like-minded peers who are passionate about the art & science of cyber defense, and where you can use state of the art tools for maximum impact, then we have a home for you.
The successful candidate will lead a team of incident responders at one of Visa's Cyber Fusion Centers located in Ashburn, VA. The team is part of a larger organization located across multiple geographical sites that are responsible for the comprehensive cyber defense of Visa and its subsidiaries.
- Coordinate, oversee, and effectively communicate the incident response activities of your region and provide leadership to both technical teams and business leaders during large incident responses and major cases.
- Instill and foster a culture of excellence, integrity, and professionalism. A culture that works toward the highest standards in security operations and while balancing the needs of the business.
- Understand Visa's holistic cybersecurity strategy. Provide leadership and direction to staff to ensure the organization's priorities are given appropriate focus.
- Conduct reviews of current and past incident activities performed by staff members to identify important trends and opportunities for improvement regarding detection and response efforts.
- Deliver clear and concise communication of incident reports to leadership to facilitate their understanding of emerging issues.
- Provide oversight and guidance to daily incident response activities (triage, root cause analysis, escalations, notifications, etc.) and develop strategies to contain and eradicate the incident. Ensure operations are recovered seamlessly and completed within the given operational level agreements (OLA).
- Develop and offer improvements to existing KPIs and OKRs.
- Develop and refine playbooks and standard operating procedures used by the team to continually improve operational excellence.
- Provide guidance and mentor technical staff on incident handling and serve as an escalation point for analysts.
- Respond to and assist with audit assessments or compliance requests, as necessary.
- Recruit, develop, and retain a talented group of security operations and incident response professionals for this vital function.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office three days a week, Monday through Wednesday, with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
- 10 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/ MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD.
- Demonstrated experience in an enterprise-level incident response team or Security Operations Center (SOC) with a proven ability in developing talent, including identifying and attracting talent and creating an organization that is viewed as a highly attractive place to work.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with demonstrated skill in presenting analytical data effectively to varied (including executive) audiences.
- Possess a good understanding of several common security tools, such as a SIEM, logging and forensics tools.
- Proven ability to address advanced threats targeting large enterprises, such as APT, and be well versed the tools, tactics, and procedures used by such actors.
- Strong leadership, organization, and process management skills.
- Proven subject matter expertise in relevant areas, such as incident response, intrusion analysis, incident handling, or malware analysis.
- Experience managing headcount, including recruiting and retention
- Proven leadership in people management, mentoring and helping career growth of employees, and empowering team with constantly raising the bar.
- Eligibility for and willingness to obtain a US Secret or higher clearance, if required.
- 12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- Direct experience leading large-scale incident response.
Additional InformationVisa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.US Applicants Only: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 152,300.00 USD to 198,000.00 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for annual bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position is eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.
Tags: APT Clearance Compliance Cyber defense Forensics Incident response KPIs Malware OKR PhD SIEM SOC Strategy
Perks/benefits: Equity Health care Insurance Salary bonus Wellness
More jobs like this
Bellevue, WA, United States Bellevue, WA, United States Full TimeExecutive Executive-levelUSD 185K - 250K USD 185K+
Managing Director - Cybersecurity EngineeringAndroid Automation AWS Azure Blockchain C CCPA +39
Career development Cell phone stipend Equity Fitness / gym Flex hours +7
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Hunt SME jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Ethical hacker / Pentester H/F jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Manager Pentest H/F jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Terraform-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs