Sr. SW Engineer (Devsecops,Linux,kubernetes)
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Open VisaNet, is the Next Generation VisaNet, will push the envelope of building highly scalable, secure, cost effective and distributed application on commodity hardware using best-in-class technology components. Open VisaNet is one of Visa's Key initiatives that will help Visa support in-country processing solutions and provide Visa an opportunity to move away from Proprietary Mainframe type systems. It is built as a modern distributed architecture based on micro services with goals of five 9’s availability, fault tolerance, horizontal scalability and real time latency for largest scale transaction processing. Open VisaNet leverages state of the art Open Software technologies to achieve these goals on commodity hardware, such as Go, Scala, Apache Kafka, Apache Spark, Docker, Kubernetes, Aerospike, Elasticsearch etc. and involves collaboration with exceptional group of software engineers, systems performance engineers, security specialists, DevSecOps engineers, payment experts, infrastructure, and solution architects.
Visa is looking for an experienced DevSecOps engineer who will help build Open VisaNet, Visa’s Next generation payment processing platform developed on Open Systems, that would fuel growth in electronic payments globally and drive financial inclusion in many parts of the world.
- Design and build automated code deployment systems that simplify development work and make our work more consistent and predictable.
- Contribute to developer productivity projects in the areas of environment automation.
- Automated deployment, Continuous integration, Continuous delivery and release engineering to Development, QA and Production environments.
- Experience with configuration automation tools (Puppet/Ansible/Chef/Salt).
- Good understanding of Linux fundamentals, very good troubleshooting skills.
- Automation scripting experience with Unix Shell (bash,ksh), Python, Perl, Java, Go or Node.js.
- Engagement with Operations & Infrastructure teams, developers and other stakeholders.
- Responsible for the stability and high availability of lower environments.
- Support in triaging and troubleshooting of highly distributed services in production environment.
- Championing & driving application, infrastructure security efforts.
- Experience with CI/CD practices, pipelines and workflows.
- Understanding of enterprise security, certificate management etc.
- Hands-on experience with Docker, Kubernetes.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
Qualifications• Extraordinary software engineering talent.
• Minimum of 4 years’ hands-on DevSecOps experience.
• Proficiency in scripting languages.
• Experience in automation software such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet etc.
• Good understanding of DevSecOps tools and automation framework.
• Experience in Splunk, Sysdig, Elasticsearch, Prometheus, Grafana etc. is a big plus.
• Good experience in observability of Systems is a big plus.
• Experience in working in highly agile environment.
• Experience working on large scale distributed systems with deep understanding of design impacts on performance, reliability, operations, and security is a big plus.
• Understanding of self-healing/immutable microservice based architectures, cloud platforms, clustering models, networking technologies.
• Experience with operating system internals, file systems, disk/storage and networking protocols.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• BS or MS in Computer Science or related degree from a recognized university.
Additional InformationVisa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the country where this job is located are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: Agile Ansible Automation Bash Certificate management CI/CD Cloud Computer Science DevSecOps Docker Elasticsearch Grafana Java Kubernetes Linux Mainframe Node.js Perl Prometheus Puppet Python Scala Scripting Splunk UNIX
Perks/benefits: Startup environment
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Hunt SME jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Ethical hacker / Pentester H/F jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Manager Pentest H/F jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Terraform-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs