Cyber Threat Hunter/Investigator
Boulder, Colorado, US
Information and Data are some of the most important organizational assets in today’s businesses. As a Security Consultant, you will be a key advisor for IBM’s clients, analyzing business requirements to design and implement the best security solutions for their needs. You will apply your technical skills to find the balance between enabling and securing the client's organization with the cognitive solutions that are making IBM the fastest growing enterprise security business in the world.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Federal Service Sector consulting practice is a trusted advisor to federal, state and local governments, partnering to meet challenges and responding quickly to citizen demands, business needs, new economic conditions, and changing legislative priorities and policies.
In this exciting role, you will be responsible for the continuous investigation and analysis of cyber threats within client environments. You will use your background in cyber investigations, analysis, and reporting to advise leadership and clients of identified threats and support incident response situations as needed.
- 70% of time – Security incident investigation and support, event detection and response tuning, forensics activities.
- 20% of time – Cyber threat hunting, event monitoring, report generation, documentation.
- 10% of time – Mentoring Tier 1 and Tier 2 SOC Analysts
- Security Clearance: Active DoD Secret
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Information security exp., in intrusion detection & response, threat hunting, or red/purple teams
- Incident Response, Cyber Kill Chain, Threat Modeling, & attack vectors.
- Current threat detection tools & technologies.
- Network, system, & web application attacks & mitigations.
- Design, maintain and implement cyber threat hunt initiatives.
- MITRE ATT&CK Framework & associated threat actor techniques, conducting hunts in line with Framework criteria
- Investigating network logs for anomalies in order to identify suspicious behavior
- Establish operating procedures to detect & respond to cyber incidents.
- On-call rotation & perform hands on investigations in collaboration with security team & stakeholders.
- Ensure all security detection & response capabilities are working inside defined SLO
- Closely align with Cyber Threat Intelligence team to track emerging threats.
- Security+ or CISSP
- Clearance: Active DoD Secret
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with the following specific tools: QRadar, Nessus Security Center, Trend Micro AV, and other EDR and SOAR technologies
- GIAC and/or other offensive security certifications preferred, but not required
- Clearance: Active DoD Top Secret
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
US Citizenship required.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: CISSP Clearance Forensics GIAC Incident response Offensive Security Security Clearance Strategy Threat detection Threat intelligence Top Secret
Job region(s): North America