SOC Analyst (1-2 years experience)
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
We are Adarma, one of the largest independent security services companies in the UK. As a business formed and run by former senior security leaders, we know our stuff. Which is why our clients include 30% of FTSE 100 organisations from all industry sectors.
We are currently looking for candidates who want to continue their IT Security career in an exciting SOC Analyst role within our Security Operations Centre (SOC) Team. You will have room to express your fresh ideas and new approach which will be very appreciated. Adarma will provide you with great opportunity to work with different clients and projects and continue your practical application of IT Security best practice and technology usage.
From our SOC Team, we offer opportunities to develop into various specialist areas of IT Security including roles in Security Engineering, Threat Modelling, SIEM and more.
Apply today or get in touch with our recruitment team to discuss in more detail.
- Undertake detailed incident analysis by relating data from various sources to assess if a critical system or data set has been impacted and advise on appropriate remediation.
- In accordance with the established security event triage process, identify, document, categorise, investigate, resolve or escalate issues to senior personnel / customer.
- Drive and monitor processes to ensure applicable reporting is gathered and disseminated.
- Contribute to the development of new rule logic. Monitor rules that are yet to go live.
- Perform threat hunting activities to proactively search for cyber threats that may exist in the customer’s network
- Actively participate in regular meetings with the customer and other team members (e.g. weekly tuning telephone calls and daily Incident Response meetings) and action any delegated responsibilities.
- Completion of IT Security related Degree.
- Experience as a SOC or Security Analyst (1-2 years)
Knowledge & Skills:
- IT Security/Information Security
- TCP/IP or Network Security Knowledge
- Strong written communication
- Good analytical and problem solving capabilities
- High attention to detail
- Excellent reward package including (but not limited to): membership to a group personal pension plan, private health care, life insurance of four times salary, discretionary bonuses, membership to a health and well-being cash back scheme, gym membership discounts and access to a 24/7 employee assistance programme.
- Adarma is committed to encouraging a positive working culture by focusing on personal development through training and providing various opportunities for employees to share their ideas and influence the direction of the business.
- All requests for flexible working are considered on a case by case basis to balance employee and client requirements.
As part of the interview process, Adarma will require proof of your Right to Work documents for verification. This can be your Passport and/or Working Visa. Alternatively your full birth certificate and NI number. If offered a role with Adarma, you will be required to complete Pre-Employment Screening (PES) checks. We are an equal opportunities employer. It is our policy to promote an environment free from discrimination, harassment and victimisation
Please note our fraud prevention process relating to all job applications. Fraud prevention databases have been established for the purpose of allowing employers to share data on their employment fraud cases. Should any investigation identify fraud or the commission or any other offence by you when applying or during your engagement with Adarma, we will record the details of this on the relevant fraud prevention databases. This information may be accessed from the UK and other countries and used by law enforcement agencies, other employers and potential employers to prevent fraud.