Cyber Security Manager
PLEASE NOTE: This position is based in our Swiss HQ in Mendrisio, Switzerland, just 7km over the border from Como, Italy. Mendrisio is easily commutable from Milan, Como, Varese or Lugano and Cloud Academy provides the train pass for you!
Cloud Academy is the leading digital skills development platform that enables every enterprise to become a tech company through guided Learning Paths, Hands-on Labs, and Skill Assessment. Cloud Academy delivers role-specific training on leading cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform), essential methodologies needed to operate on and between clouds (DevOps, security, containers), and capabilities that are unlocked by the cloud (big data, machine learning).
We are looking for a Cyber Security Manager to strengthen our Information Security and Data Protection practices and lead the Security Program. In this role, you will be responsible for defining and executing the company-wide Cybersecurity strategy, working closely with our engineering, product management, HR and legal organizations to guarantee that Cloud Academy is secure for our users, and to lead the company security certification (e.g. ISO 27001, SOC, and CyberEssentials+) initiatives.
You will need to be able to deliver changes using your capability to influence stakeholders at all levels.
Our ideal candidate is humble, equally capable of teaching and learning.
You will work in our Switzerland office (Mendrisio, CH), together with our international team and we’re happy to facilitate your relocation to this area if needed.
- Develop, implement and monitor a strategic, comprehensive enterprise information security and IT risk management program
- Establish and be accountable for risk assessment and risk management processes
- Develop and enhance an information security program
- Understand and interact with related disciplines to ensure the consistent application of policies and standards across all technology projects, systems and services
- Provide leadership to the enterprise's information security organization
- Degree in a technology-related field required
- Professional security management certification is a strong advantage
- 5+ years of experience in a combination of risk management, information security and IT jobs
- Knowledge of common information security management frameworks, such as ISO/IEC 27001, SOC-Type 1, SOC-Type2, ideally also of CyberEssentials(+) and NIST
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and high level of personal integrity
- Innovative thinking and leadership with an ability to lead and motivate cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams
- Experience with contract and vendor negotiations (especially DPAs) and management including managed services
- Experience in Agile software development and other best engineering/development practices
- Experience with at least one of the major Cloud computing vendors
- High level of English proficiency, both spoken and written
- Passion for and experience in e-learning projects is a strong bonus
- Able to find creative solutions to interesting problems
- Curious with a constant desire to learn and collaborate
- Competitive salary including a bonus plan
- Train ticket paid for by the company
- Budget for professional development
- 4 weeks paid vacation and 15 paid holidays per year
- Great company culture and work environment!
- Highly-skilled teammates and lots of opportunities for growth and development