Email Security, CIO Cybersecurity Engineering - Southbury, CT
Southbury, Connecticut, US
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This role is located in the IBM office in Southbury, CT. There are no relocation funds for this role so you would need to relocate at your own expense (after covid). No remote work option exists for this particular role after covid.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for these positions now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
IBM CIO is seeking an experienced Email Security Engineer for the CIO Cybersecurity program. You will be responsible for the security of IBM’s global enterprise email infrastructure and the implementation of perimeter email security solutions for IBM.
This role requires a self-motivated, life-long learner who is well versed in Cybersecurity. You will need to have a strong knowledge and experience with messaging services and email security through Proofpoint.
- You will provide a secure email environment by implementing controls to manage and mitigate risks
- You will provide architecture assurance on messaging initiatives
- You will lead the implementation of email security standards such as DKIM, SPF and DMARC
- You will maintain email security infrastructure, policies, processes and procedures for the CIO operations teams
- You will support and mentor more junior staff members to improve the overall level of service delivered by the CIO Cybersecurity team
- You will develop playbooks to optimize the incident management for the email platforms
- You will integrate ServiceNow workflows to automate support tickets
- You will prepare detailed metrics and reports for all business units and executive leadership
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years experience with Messaging Security Gateways
- Working knowledge of Proofpoint Email Fraud Detection and Proofpoint Targeted Attack Protection products
- Excellent understanding and experience architecting and implementing email security solutions
- Expert knowledge of SMTP and related RFCs, TLS, DNS and related standards
- Strong general networking background (firewalls, routing, load balancing, packet capture and analysis, etc.)
- Desire to try things and iterate on them, fail fast, and focus on functionality that matters
- Project management skills with experience on enterprise projects
- Demonstrated interpersonal effectiveness and emotionally intelligent communication skills to communicate, persuade, influence, and handle challenging conversations effectively at an executive level
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3+ plus years professional experience in IT and/or Cybersecurity, preferably with an email security or infrastructure team
- Ability to read and write basic logic in any scripting or programming language to manipulate data or communicate with an API
- A professional IT Security certification (e.g. CISSP, CISM, CISA, OSCP)
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM’s financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.