Engineering Manager - Information Security
New York, Remote-US
We’re on a mission to bring trustworthiness and transparency to DevOps. We need you to help secure a massively scalable, elegant system that turns billions of data points per day into meaning for our customers. If you’re excited to work on a fast-moving team with the best open-source data tools at high scale, we want to meet you.
You will provide leadership, subject matter expertise, and career development to the Information Security department.
We’re looking for a Manager, Information Security to lead and grow the teams building and managing our security and compliance programs. You will be responsible for managing the efforts of multiple team leaders within Datadog’s Information Security department and setting the example for others within the teams.
You will work very closely with Datadog’s Product Management, Sales, Engineering and other business unit leaders, you will lead our efforts in Information Security and Compliance to acquire and maintain industry certifications, design solutions using modern technology, and enable Datadog’s security and engineering teams to move quickly and adapt to an evolving threat landscape.
You will lead and maintain solutions to uphold Datadog’s continuous compliance with a broad set of industry and federal regulations, and drive compliance efforts to enable Datadog to enter increasingly regulated markets.
You’ll join at an ideal time to make a big impact, the product is seeing very high growth, with many new features to build as well as a need for scaling up dramatically. You’ll be involved in every step of the process—defining product, designing architecture, managing the team, recruiting excellent analysts and engineers.
Datadog is building a world class Information Security department to keep our employees and end users safe from real world threats. You will help us face the challenges presented by our diverse user base and a constantly changing regulatory landscape.
- Manage and grow teams of talented analysts and engineers, ensuring they deliver high quality, timely work and that they’re happy, motivated, and growing
- Work with the product team to flesh out the future of the product and deployment to new Datadog environments.
- Work with other managers across the world to deliver compliance and privacy by design (e.g. unified control framework for new deployments, security and privacy during the design phase)
- Scale the compliance program to accommodate hyper growth
- Contribute to shaping the future of the security organization
- Engage with Datadog's Customer Trust team to analyze security requirements and roadmaps to help steer security features for Datadog's service.
- You have been building compliance and security programs for 8+ years and know the frameworks you’ve worked on from top to bottom
- BS/MS/PhD may be substituted for some experience
- You have managed a team of security engineers and/or analysts, with a focus on building and maintaining security and compliance automation tooling
- 4+ years of software development experience, not necessarily writing code
- You have architected, built, and operated diverse compliance programs, in a cloud-based environment.
- You have significant consulting or program leadership experience working in security policy, compliance, information security operations, security consulting, and have deep exposure to one or more compliance frameworks (e.g., FedRAMP, HIPAA, ISO 27001, PCI DSS or GDPR), and have experience working with salespeople, the sales process, sales reporting, and the general nature of software sales.
- You want to work in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment
- You value correctness and efficiency; you leave no stone unturned when reviewing documentation
- CISSP, CISM, OSCP, or similar certifications
- Strong understanding of the legal world, contracts, and how it all works.
- Strong understanding of the current Privacy landscape and regulations in-place
- You talk like you write; you are clear, concise, confident, and unafraid to make presentations. You have the gravitas and command presence to attend meetings where you’ll represent the concerns of security, sometimes against the pressures of the sales or engineering organization’s quarterly goals. But in a nice way.
- You’ve used and are familiar with leading cloud-based tools
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
For more information on how we maintain the privacy of the information you submit as part of your application, please refer to our Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.