Director of Information Security
Hanover, MD or Remote USA
As the lead of the Security team you support the security needs of the company. The Director of Security is tasked with turning the security strategy into a plan of action for the security organization. You will work closely with various business units to implement the security strategy. Successful candidates will be responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring a strategic, comprehensive enterprise cybersecurity team. In addition, you will develop strategies to respond to and recover from a security breach and are also responsible for educating the workforce on information security through training and building awareness. This position is also available either in Hanover, MD or remote. Preference is to Hanover, MD but the right candidate could be remote.
- Grow and lead a security organization
- Provide mentorship and career development to team members
- Leadsecurity audits and reviews as part of compliance
- Participate as member of Governance Risk Compliance committee
- Develop, maintains, and publish up-to-date security policies, standards and guidelines. Oversee training and dissemination of security policies and practices
- Manage and report on security incidents and threats
- Lead interviews for new positions
- Experience with building/expanding a security organization
- Experience with running a Security Operations team
- Knowledge of risk assessment tools, technologies and methods
- Experience designing secure networks, systems and application architectures
- Ability to communicate security issues to peers and management
- Minimum 10 years of experience working within industry in related roles.
Nice to Have
- Experience planning, researching and developing security policies, standards and procedures
- Hands on experience with Crowdstrike Falcon
- Experience with zero trust architecture
- Understanding of permission levels across Linux and Windows environments.
- Start-up Experience preferred
Job tags: Architecture Audits ICS Industrial Linux Malware Petrochemical Risk assessment Strategy Windows
Job region(s): North America Remote/Anywhere