Staff Public Cloud-Container Security Engineer
ServiceNowServiceNow allows employees to work the way they want to, not how software dictates they have to. And customers can get what they need, when they need it.
At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can’t wait, and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers and communities. By joining ServiceNow, you are part of an ambitious team of change makers who have a restless curiosity and a drive for ingenuity. We know that your best work happens when you live your best life and share your unique talents, so we do everything we can to make that possible. We dream big together, supporting each other to make our individual and collective dreams come true. The future is ours, and it starts with you.
With more than 7,400+ customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're proud to be one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For® and World's Most Admired Companies® 2022.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Unsure if you meet all the qualifications of a job description but are deeply excited about the role? We still encourage you to apply! At ServiceNow, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment where all voices are heard, valued, and respected. We welcome all candidates, including individuals from non-traditional, varied backgrounds, that might not come from a typical path connected to this role. We believe skills and experience are transferrable, and the desire to dream big makes for great candidates.
What you get to do in this role:
This role will be a part of the Security Build team that reports to the Senior Manager of Corp Security Engineering. The corporate security engineering team targets building state-of-the-art technology that will help reduce the risk surrounding the sensitive assets of the company with the least impact possible on operations, acts as guidance and facilitator to the security operations teams and helps shifting Security perception from blocker to enabler by building a relationship of trust with the other teams.
Build and operationalize cloud security & container security tools.
Suggest security cloud & container improvements by assessing the current situation, evaluating trends, anticipating requirements, and supporting proof-of-concept experimentations.
Create and present functional and technical designs including data analysis to business team, and gather feedback to influence solution design and approach
Direct and influence multi-disciplinary teams (Vulnerability Management, Incident Response, Application Security, Security Architecture) in implementing and operating cyber security controls
Participate in security incidents and help implement the containment and eradication within cloud & container environments
Experience with mitigating cloud and container security exploits such as crypto mining, RUNC container breakout, Dirty Pipe, uncontrolled resource consumption, directory traversal
Evaluate audit findings, prioratize and act upon them.
Serve as an expert for the different cloud & container security tools deployed built by the team.
Act as guidance and facilitator to security operations.
Build strong relationships with different stakeholders and work well in a team environment.
Partake in efforts that shape the organization’s security policies and standards for use in cloud environments
Interpret security and technical requirements into business requirements and communicate security risks to relevant stakeholders ranging from business leaders to engineers
Accountable for the timely delivery of projects as per established roadmaps by working closely with the business teams
Strong alignment with product management and engineering teams on roadmap and product feedback
Provide mentoring and training to peers and other colleagues in the organization
To be successful in this role you have:
- A Computer Science/Engineering degree with 8+ years of proven, related experience is required
- Experience in infrastructure templating tools like AWS CloudFormation, and equivalents.
- Experience with containerisation on Cloud, AKS or EKS (Dedicated/Managed/Serverless Kubernetes).
- Experience implementing cloud native security tool like AWS Guard Duty or Azure Security Center.
- Experience implementing Cloud Security Posture Management toolset.
- Practical knowledge of AWS or Azure foundation services related to compute, network, storage, content delivery, administration and security, deployment and management, automation technologies
- Experience with Container tech stack: VM, container run time, cluster technology and Kubernetes control plane
- Experience with containerized application security frameworks including OWASP Controls
- Experience with securing Registry, container images, Kernel, container runtime, live container,
- Expertise with managing secrets and restricting container privileges at runtime
- Expertise with configuring and optimising container based real time logging, monitoring & alerting
- Identify and remediate EKS/ECS/AKS/GKS security misconfigurations
- Practical experience with 2-3 of the following container security Tools ( Anchore, Snyk, Prisma Runtime, Twistlock, Aquasec, Dynatrace, Qualys, Hashicorp)
- Apply adept understanding and experience with systems automation platforms and technologies
- Execute security architectures for cloud cloud/hybrid systems
- Automate security controls, data and processes to provide improved metrics and operational support
- Employ cloud-based APIs when suitable to write network/system level tools for safeguarding cloud environments
- Spot and execute new security technologies and best practices into the company’s Cloud offerings.
- Strong working knowledge of system internals as well as networking.
- Strong familiarity with Linux and Windows operating systems and cloud provider ecosystems like AWS/Azure/GCP.
- Assist in the integration of Infrastructure pipelines with secure configuration parameters to remove or reduce known threat vectors.
- Familiarity with common security vulnerabilities and the ability to judge their severity and impact to the business
- A keen analytical mind for problem solving, abstract thought, and offensive security tactics with a goal to make security a strong enabler at ServiceNow.
- Proven experience in being an effective team player.
- Driven to automate and continuously improve
- Ability to articulate complex issues to executives and customers JV20
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
At ServiceNow, we lead with flexibility and trust in our distributed world of work. Click here to learn about our work personas: flexible, remote and required-in-office.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at email@example.com for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.
From Fortune. © 2022 Fortune Media IP Limited All rights reserved. Used under license.
Fortune and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, ServiceNow.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: APIs Application security AquaSec Automation AWS Azure Cloud Computer Science Crypto Exploits GCP Incident response Kubernetes Linux Monitoring Offensive security OWASP Qualys Twistlock Vulnerabilities Vulnerability management Windows
Perks/benefits: Flex hours
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Cyber Hunt SME jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ethical hacker / Pentester H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Manager Pentest H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Director of Information Security jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Terraform-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs