Pentest Operations Manager
Remote - US
Posted 1 month ago
Who We Are
Cobalt (cobalt.io) is a fast-growing and globally distributed cybersecurity start-up with hubs in San Francisco, Boston, and Berlin. We connect global security talent with businesses and their users by providing Penetration Testing as a Service via the Cobalt technology platform. We have Scandinavian roots, an American base and a global outlook. Our team is characterized by a fun, fast-paced and collaborative culture based on individual responsibility and ownership.
Cobalt’s Pentest Operations team is transforming with a focus on quality and customer success. The PenOps Manager, Pentest Operations is responsible for managing the penetration test delivery lifecycle through project resourcing, managing customer expectations, removing blockers, and ensuring the project is staffed appropriately and well-executed with quality outcomes.
The ideal candidate will be able to collaborate with members of the PenOps team, evaluate resource needs, manage customer, team and project expectations and drive results by leading without direct authority. In short, this is a significant role, which presents the opportunity to impact the growth and direction of the organization.
What You Would Do
- Lead a team of highly technical and high functioning Pentest Architects who aid in the organization and delivery of Cobalt’s pentests.
- Act as a clients' project point-of-contact to ensure a smooth lifecycle from pre-sales through execution and outcome delivery
- Propose staffing resources for each project by working to match customer requirements with technical resource competencies
- Provide project leadership, as needed, for internal and freelancer technical resources to ensure consistency of project delivery methodology
- Monitor penterster activities to ensure coverage and adherence to operating procedures
- Track customer satisfaction and initiate post-mortem to drive continuous improvement efforts
- Work with Engineering to support and continuously improve the project automation capabilities of our platform
- Manage the escalation process by collaborating with our Customer Success team.
- Actively review and maintain operating procedures to ensure continuous improvement and quality.
- Defines and maintains standards for project management within the delivery team.
- Work to standardize and introduce economies of repetition in the execution of projects.
You Must Have
- 2+ years of experience in a project management or operational role
- Proven ability to manage high volume of activity effectively in an agile environment – you love to get stuff done
- You are open to and suggest different perspectives to come up with great solutions
- Fundamental understanding of project management methodology
- Strong communication skills and team-driven focus is essential as this team member will be expected to act independently, as well as collaboratively, with customers, peers, partners, and managers to ensure customer satisfaction and team goal achievement
- Drive, no one needs to push you to excel; it’s just who you are
- Eagerness to learn, adapt, and perfect your work; you collaborate and innovate
- A strong desire to help and serve our customers: They win, so you win
- PMP, or other PMI certifications are a plus.
Why You Should Join Us
- Opportunity to join and grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry
- Competitive compensation & attractive equity plan
- Flexible paid time-off, & travel policies
- Paid parental leave
- Regularly planned team outings and company events
- 401(k) program to help you save for the future (US only)