Staff Security Incident Commander
ServiceNowServiceNow allows employees to work the way they want to, not how software dictates they have to. And customers can get what they need, when they need it.
At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can’t wait, and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers and communities. By joining ServiceNow, you are part of an ambitious team of change makers who have a restless curiosity and a drive for ingenuity. We know that your best work happens when you live your best life and share your unique talents, so we do everything we can to make that possible. We dream big together, supporting each other to make our individual and collective dreams come true. The future is ours, and it starts with you.
With more than 7,400+ customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're proud to be one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For® and World's Most Admired Companies® 2022.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Unsure if you meet all the qualifications of a job description but are deeply excited about the role? We still encourage you to apply! At ServiceNow, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment where all voices are heard, valued, and respected. We welcome all candidates, including individuals from non-traditional, varied backgrounds, that might not come from a typical path connected to this role. We believe skills and experience are transferrable, and the desire to dream big makes for great candidates.
We’re not yesterday’s IT department, we're Digital Technology. The world around us keeps changing and so do we. We’re redefining what it means to be IT with a mindset centered on transformation, experience, AI-driven automation, innovation, and growth. We’re all about delivering delightful, secure customer and employee experiences that accelerate ServiceNow’s journey to become the defining enterprise software company of the 21st century. And we love co-creating, using, and highlighting our own products to do it.
Ultimately, we strive to make the world work better for our employees and customers—when you work in ServiceNow Digital Technology, you work for them.
What you get to do in this role:
As a Senior Cyber Security Incident Commander, you will lead incident strategy and communication, driving rapid response, investigation, and mitigation of ServiceNow's most severe security events impacting the company and our customers.
You will serve as a primary point of contact throughout the incident response lifecycle for diverse teams across the planet. During crisis you will produce clear status reports and orchestrate bridges to keep all stakeholders actively involved. This role requires interacting directly with executives and other business leaders, equipping them with critical information required for swift decision-making.
High severity incidents often involve ambiguity and need creative approaches and solutions to manage unprecedented problems. Flexibility, fast movement, and the ability to reduce complex situations to individual components to allow action are critical.
When not handling active crises, you will continuously improve GIR and Command documentation, processes, and supporting infrastructure to maintain Command readiness. You will be instrumental in designing and executing tabletop exercises to ensure all stakeholders understand and can execute their roles and responsibilities during a crisis. Ensuring operation within a post mortem framework that delivers detailed analysis on the root cause of incidents and produce findings and recommendations that support control adjustments to better protect the company
Qualifications8+ years of experience in cybersecurity incident response.
- Must work well under sometimes-stressful conditions, maintaining a collaborative and purpose-driven approach.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with diverse teams across a wide scope of disciplines.
- Ability to communicate complex information effectively and experience in executive communications.
- Areas that will give the successful candidate an edge:
- Experience in a technical SOC/DFIR discipline in addition to crisis response.
- Familiarity with cybersecurity frameworks (e.g., MITRE ATT&CK).
- Knowledge across multiple security domains (e.g., corporate, cloud, application, datacenter).
- Familiarity with the ServiceNow platform.
- Demonstrated experience leading a large organization through well-known crises such as Log4Shell, Solarigate, or WannaCry.
- Industry recognised cyber security related certifications including; GCIH, GCIA and/or CISSP.
- Extensive experience in a technical leadership position within an enterprise scale organisation; including hands-on experience, preferably in SaaS or similarly regulated sector.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
At ServiceNow, we lead with flexibility and trust in our distributed world of work. Click here to learn about our work personas: flexible, remote and required-in-office.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at email@example.com for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.
From Fortune. © 2022 Fortune Media IP Limited All rights reserved. Used under license.
Fortune and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, ServiceNow.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: Automation CISSP Cloud DFIR Forensics GCIA GCIH Incident response MITRE ATT&CK SaaS SOC Strategy
Perks/benefits: Flex hours Startup environment Team events
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Cyber Hunt SME jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ethical hacker / Pentester H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Manager Pentest H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Director of Information Security jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Terraform-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs