Cloud Security Engineer
UK - Remote
Posted 1 month ago
Menlo Security's mission is enabling the world to connect, communicate and collaborate securely without compromise. COVID-19 has made our mission all the more real. We support customers across various enterprises including Fortune 500 companies, 8/10 of the largest global banks and the Department of Defense.
The world has fundamentally changed. We are growing from 250 employees into the next phase of our journey, and we need passionate talent filled with empathy and agility. The right candidate for the job is ethical, hyper-organized, fanatical about seeing things through to completion, service-oriented, and humble enough to take feedback and coaching yet confident enough to provide feedback and coaching.
Menlo is well-funded for growth and our investors are second to none. They include Vista Equity Partners (“Vista”), General Catalyst, Sutter Hill Ventures, JPMC, American Express, HSBC, and Ericsson Ventures.
**no visa sponsorship available for this role**
About the Role
Menlo Security is growing rapidly and currently looking for talented engineers with a passion for innovation that thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment to join the engineering team. We are looking for a Cloud Security Engineer to join our Security Engineering team.
As a member of the security engineering team, you will be tasked with helping secure our AWS cloud production environment. You will build and maintain monitoring tools. You will help analyze their output. You will spend time designing and implementing solutions to harden our platform. We are looking for motivated individuals with a security mindset that can jump in and help with all aspects of the secure development lifecycle: design, code review, monitoring, penetration testing, incident response and remediation.
- BS degree in Computer Science/Math/Engineering or equivalent. MS preferred
- 3+ years of experience protecting AWS environments
- Strong development skills (algorithms, data structures) in an interpreted language, Python preferred
- Ability to both quickly automate tasks and develop well-engineered applications
- Experience with IAM, CloudTrail, KMS, firewalls, WAF, Shield, etc.
- Experience with one or more of the following tools: Prowler, Cloudmapper, ScoutSuite, AWS Trusted Advisor or equivalent monitoring tools
- Security mindset, understanding both attack and defense perspectives
- Passionate about building a secure platform
- Networking fundamentals: IP routing, DNS, etc.
- Experience with standards and compliance a plus (FedRamp, NIST, SOC2)
Our culture is collaborative, inclusive, and fun! We have five core values: Stay Aligned, Get It Done, Customer Empathy, Think Creatively and Help Each Other Out. We believe in open communication, supporting new ideas, and sharing a mutual mindset of what we’re aiming to achieve together. There are tremendous opportunities to take initiative, implement new ideas, and have a hand in building a legacy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.