Staff Product Security Engineer
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Applications have closed
ServiceNowServiceNow allows employees to work the way they want to, not how software dictates they have to. And customers can get what they need, when they need it.
At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can’t wait, and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers and communities. By joining ServiceNow, you are part of an ambitious team of change makers who have a restless curiosity and a drive for ingenuity. We know that your best work happens when you live your best life and share your unique talents, so we do everything we can to make that possible. We dream big together, supporting each other to make our individual and collective dreams come true. The future is ours, and it starts with you.
With more than 7,400+ customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're proud to be one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For® and World's Most Admired Companies® 2022.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Unsure if you meet all the qualifications of a job description but are deeply excited about the role? We still encourage you to apply! At ServiceNow, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment where all voices are heard, valued, and respected. We welcome all candidates, including individuals from non-traditional, varied backgrounds, that might not come from a typical path connected to this role. We believe skills and experience are transferrable, and the desire to dream big makes for great candidates.
About Digital Technology:
We’re not yesterday’s IT department, we're Digital Technology. The world around us keeps changing and so do we. We’re redefining what it means to be IT with a mindset centered on transformation, experience, AI-driven automation, innovation, and growth.
We’re all about delivering delightful, secure customer and employee experiences that accelerate ServiceNow’s journey to become the defining enterprise software company of the 21st century. And we love co-creating, using, and highlighting our own products to do it.
Ultimately, we strive to make the world work better for our employees and customers when you work in ServiceNow Digital Technology, you work for them.
Product Security is shifting-everywhere and enabling ServiceNow engineers to build-in security throughout the SSDL. The DevSecOps team builds, integrates, and scales security services and to help ServiceNow simplify security activities for thousands of internal customers.
As a member of the DevSecOps team, you will design, develop, operate, and scale of our Enterprise Container Security program, providing container security services across ServiceNow. In addition, you’ll be able to apply your container security knowledge to our own containerized services for SAST, DAST, and SCA by helping with the development, deployment, integration, and scale of these services at ServiceNow. You will work closely with ServiceNow Security Organization, Build Engineering, Tools Engineering and Infrastructure Operations teams to build a world-class Enterprise Container Security program as well as deploy and maintain scalable containerized system images for application security toolchains.
What you get to do in this role:
- Work closely with internal customers to build “paved roads” to easily onboard products to the container security program
- Build, deploy, operate, and scale tools and processes that support the Container Security Program
- Build and maintain automations to assist on-demand autoscaling services for our security services (SAST, SCA, DAST) using Kubernetes and AWS
- Integrate vulnerability management services into Jenkins build jobs and the ServiceNow ALM platform
- Support Security Champions Program relating to CI/CD integrations
To be successful in this role you have:
- 6+ years of experience as a build engineer or developer using Containers and Kubernetes within a CI/CD platforms (such as Jenkins)
- Lead or significantly contributed to medium-to-large feature releases; usually multi-person projects that cross engineering team boundaries.
- Become a clear expert in one or more technical areas.
- Mentored multiple engineers.
- 5+ years of experience securing containerized workloads on Kubernetes
- 4+ years of experience working knowledge of Cloud Infrastructure (AWS required, Azure and GCP nice to have) and Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Terraform)
- 3+ years of scripting experience (Groovy and Python)
- 3+ years of experience with Nexus or Artifactory
- 2+ years of experience with static application security testing, dynamic application security testing or software composition analysis tool chains
- Experience with functional testing frameworks such as Selenium, Geb / Spock a plus but not required
- BS in computer science or equivalent work experience
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
At ServiceNow, we lead with flexibility and trust in our distributed world of work. Click here to learn about our work personas: flexible, remote and required-in-office.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at email@example.com for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: Application security Automation AWS Azure CI/CD Cloud Computer Science DAST DevSecOps GCP Kubernetes Product security Python SAST Scripting Terraform Vulnerability management
Perks/benefits: Career development Flex hours
More jobs like this
Las Vegas, Nevada, United … Las Vegas, Nevada, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 132K - 190K * USD 132K+ *
Senior IT Cybersecurity Engineer, Incident ResponseCISSP Compliance Computer Science EDR GIAC Incident response Linux +5
401(k) matching Career development Equity Health care Salary bonus +1
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Cyber Hunt SME jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ethical hacker / Pentester H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Manager Pentest H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Director of Information Security jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Terraform-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs