Senior Security Engineer
United States - Remote
Applications have closed
11:11 Systems11:11 Systems is a managed infrastructure solutions provider that addresses pressing cloud, connectivity & security challenges of today while preparing businesses for tomorrow.
11:11 Systems is looking for an experienced Senior Security Engineer who will be responsible for evaluating, selecting, implementing, and operating key security tools to support security monitoring, incident response, and cyber threat intelligence. The Senior Security Engineer will influence and guide product engineering and development activities to deliver security focused service offerings.
This is a full-time position based in the United States, and will report to the Manager of Security Engineering.
- Leverages tooling and custom applications to monitor the operational status of applications, infrastructure, networks, databases, and security; optimizes and tunes performance as appropriate.
- Assesses applications and the associated data flow for risk to sensitive data, systems, or infrastructure.
- Collaboratively documents security controls and application access requirements associated with hosted applications and systems.
- Assisting the team in troubleshooting non-production and production issues related to the solution/service.
- Apply or recommend adaptive security measures based on investigative findings and threat indicators
- Develop and administer one or more of the following Security Service functions and tools: Cisco Firepower, ePO, SEPM, Active Directory, SSL VPN, RSA, SIEM, Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR), PKI/Certificate Authority
- Two or more years of hands-on experience with security tools in an enterprise environment.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with Security Incident Response.
- Design, implementation, and engineering of one of the following security tools: Cisco Firepower, ePO, SEPM, Active Directory, SSL VPN, RSA, SIEM, Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR), PKI/Certificate Authority.
- Experience with Change Control in an enterprise environment.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, self-motivated and a quick learner.
- Ability to collaborate with various stakeholders and drive a successful outcome.
- Ability to work supportively with colleagues, always operating in a collegiate manner and in line with the company’s values.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- CISSP and Security +.
- Experience with report creation and automation from security tools.
- Detailed understanding of the TCP and IP protocol stacks with the ability to dissect and explain the contents of traffic and packets.
- Excellent knowledge of endpoint data source integration, servers, network, and security devices.
- Review and maintain security system’s health to include CPU Usage, Available Memory, Queuing delays.
- Strong understanding of microservices architecture and design principles.
- Strong knowledge of Information Technology Infrastructure Library ITIL v3 methodologies, Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) concepts, enterprise IT architecture and relational databases.
- Experience with Agile development methodology.
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Plan
- 401k Plan with Company Match
- PPO Healthcare Insurance Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
About 11:11 Systems
11:11 Systems was created to deliver a fully integrated and unified network experience, providing our customers with visibility, control, and decision making to simplify their requirements through one experience: simplified, synchronized, and optimized.
11:11 is invested in creating a new model empowering its customers and partners to “RETHINK CONNECTED”. Fully integrated, fully automated. All services, all activities, all data, all performance, powered on a single platform.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: Active Directory Agile Automation CISSP Computer Science EDR Incident response ITIL Microservices Monitoring PKI RSA SIEM Threat intelligence VPN
Perks/benefits: 401(k) matching Competitive pay Health care Salary bonus
More jobs like this
Massachusetts, United States - … Massachusetts, United States - Remote Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 91K - 147K * USD 91K+ *
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Health care +2
McLean, Virginia, United States … McLean, Virginia, United States - Remote Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 91K - 147K * USD 91K+ *
Junior Security Engineer, Permanently RemoteApplication security AWS CompTIA EC2 Lambda Linux Monitoring +4
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Health care Insurance +3
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Hunt SME jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Ethical hacker / Pentester H/F jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Manager Pentest H/F jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Terraform-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs