Senior DevSecOps Engineer - HYBRID
San Diego, California, United States
Sigma Defense is a leading technology company serving the Department of Defense (DoD), providing tactical communications systems and services for digital modernization since 2006. Through our acquisitions of SOLUTE in January 2022 and Sub U Systems in May 2022, we have expanded our software and communications hardware solutions to better support JADC2, C5ISR, SATCOM, and DEVSECOPS for customers in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, and Space Force. Through a combination of hardware, software, and industry expertise, we provide a complete portfolio of solutions and services that accelerates information collection and sharing for faster decision making and better mission outcomes.
Why would you work for us? Quite simply, the work we do is meaningful and stimulating. We promote initiative and independent thought; we encourage direct client engagement to ensure we are delivering what the customer wants; and our engineers and scientists are working on cutting-edge projects that move the state-of-the-art closer to the people who need them. If you're looking for technical challenges and an opportunity to take a leadership role in an environment that encourages you to excel, then WE are your destination.
We are a company of innovative professionals thriving in a highly motivating work environment that fosters creativity and independent thinking. If you are a motivated individual with a desire to support our service men and women, now is a great time to join Sigma Defense!
To learn more about our company, find and follow us at Sigma Defense Systems LLC: Overview | LinkedIn
In this position you will provide engineering and software development support to Naval Information Warfare Center Pacific (NIWC Pacific) Code 551 fulfilling PMA-268 Unmanned Carrier Aviation (UCA) requirements, focusing on CI/CD infrastructure, maintenance, troubleshooting, and hardware support for the Advanced Networking Tactical System (ANTS) Operational Support System (OSS) network management software, which is hosted in the ANTS wideband network transport system onboard the MQ-25A aircraft.
As an ANTS OSS DevSecOps Engineer, you’ll be part of a small team focused on developing and maintaining the infrastructure that aids software engineers in the execution of full life-cycle software development. One primary goal will be to apply your knowledge of DevSecOps to implement robust continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) pipelines; integrated with automated testing, and vulnerability & quality scanning capabilities. By joining a cross-functional and collaborative team, you will be responsible for both modernizing current services and applications to deploying and integrating new technologies.
- Demonstrated experience developing software using an Agile framework.
- Demonstrated experience managing software version control and/or software source code base.
- Demonstrated experience with software development on Linux and Windows Computer Operating Systems.
- Demonstrated experience designing program interfaces and ensuring interoperability with other systems.
- Experience with DevSecOps tools and techniques (such as Jenkins, JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, etc.)
- Extensive Linux experience with servers and workstations o Ability to easily navigate the Command Line Interface (CLI), knowledgeable with typical Linux troubleshooting tools, and have a broad understanding of Linux internals and debugging techniques.
- Proficiency with at least one scripting language, preferably Python, with the ability to automate processes.
- Experience in software development lab infrastructure design, layout, and implementation.
- Excellent communication skills with attention to documentation.
- CSWF Level II certifications:
- CompTIA Security+ or equivalent
- CompTIA Linux+ or equivalent (RHEL preferred.)
- Cisco CCNA or equivalent.
- Active Secret clearance (or greater.)
Essential Job Duties (not all-inclusive)
- Design, develop, and improve the automation pipeline and integrated deployment processes to aid in software build and releases activities.
- Perform technical support for the OSS team and assists in satisfaction of the customer security directives and requirements ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats.
- Utilize DevOps tools (such as Jenkins, Jira, Bitbucket) to ensure the code compiles and passes any built-in tests while ensuring repository integrity.
- Assist software teams with server upgrades/patches and setup of virtual environments.
- Work with system software testers to update manual and automated system test scripts as needed for each patch and collect system test metrics.
- Manages software dependencies including evaluation, acquisition & licensing, integration, and maintenance for software used by developers to deliver capabilities to the customer.
- Establish environments for deployment of code base integrity checks and automation of releases.
- Create security and maintenance patches for ANTS OSS application.
- Retrieve Red Hat Enterprise Linux updates and tailor rpm packages for NMS application.
- Retrieve and install vendor firmware updates for ANTS system hardware components.
- Develop and execute regression test scripts to verify system functionality.
- Publish security and maintenance patches to ANTS Artifactory system binaries repository in accordance with ANTS configuration management and control processes.
- Diagnose and debug faults with Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating system and system hardware components.
- Build and maintain Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS)/Nessus servers for scanning ANTS OSS and laboratory infrastructure.
- Perform Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) and Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) scans of the ANTS OSS and remediate findings.
- Perform analysis of Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) checklists for system software and remediate findings.
- Prepare and present reports on software patch status to OSS Lead/Product Owner, external stakeholders and sponsors during Sprint Reviews.
The candidate will be required to report to NIWC PAC facility for the first 6-10 months to understand Architecture, systems, team members and overall mission. Once candidate has strong experience and has developed an understanding of the program, he/she can shift to a remote schedule. All schedules must be approved by SOLUTE and NIWC PAC Program Managers.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and A&D coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(k) Plan with company matching contributions
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and 12 paid Holidays
- Educational Assistance
- Highly Competitive Salary
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected status or characteristic.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: Agile Automation Bitbucket CI/CD Clearance Compliance CompTIA CSWF DevOps DevSecOps DoD Jira Linux Nessus Python Red Hat SCAP Scripting Windows
Perks/benefits: Career development Competitive pay Flex vacation Health care
More jobs like this
Las Vegas, Nevada, United … Las Vegas, Nevada, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 132K - 190K * USD 132K+ *
Senior IT Cybersecurity Engineer, Incident ResponseCISSP Compliance Computer Science EDR GIAC Incident response Linux +5
401(k) matching Career development Equity Health care Salary bonus +1
San Diego, California, United … San Diego, California, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 130K - 160K USD 130K+
Senior DevSecOps Engineer (TS/SCI)Agile Analytics Automation AWS Azure Bitbucket CCNP +22
Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Flex vacation Health care +2
Huntsville, Alabama, United States Huntsville, Alabama, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 140K - 180K USD 140K+
Senior DevSecOps EngineerAnsible Automation AWS CI/CD Clearance Computer Science DevOps +8
Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Flex vacation Health care +1
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Cyber Hunt SME jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ethical hacker / Pentester H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Manager Pentest H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Director of Information Security jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Terraform-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs