Jr. Security Analyst / Engineer
Pleasanton, California, United States
Founded in 2001, WaveStrong is an industry leader in enterprise and cloud information security consulting services. We pride ourselves on our best of breed security solutions and services that span a myriad of government, education and business verticals. Our staff is comprised of both certified technical and business professionals who can help you successfully navigate complexities of planning, design, implementation and management of securing data. Our approach is vendor agnostic giving our customers the freedom to choose the best customized security model for their business.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar program
- 1 plus years of hands-on information security experience
- Manage critical cybersecurity events in a central ticketing system from the time the event is detected through the alerting process.
- Security Incident and Event Monitoring (SIEM, QRadar) experience a plus
- provide analysis of Information Security Events and determine true or false positive; and execute appropriate response procedures.
- Define, create and maintain SIEM (QRadar) correlation rules, customer build documents, security process and procedures.
- Comfortable working a designated shift to support 24x7 environment to monitor and alert on malware analysis related to the identified security event(s)
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; explore opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Nice to have: CEH, GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst (GCFA), GIAC Reverse Engineering Malware (GREM), EnCE or similar
- Experience with a programming/scripting language such as Python, Perl or similar in an incident handling environment