Senior Consultant, Security Research Services (Security Research Services (Unit 42) - Remote
Santa Clara, CA, United States
Applications have closed
Palo Alto NetworksPalo Alto Networks enables your team to prevent successful cyberattacks with an automated approach that delivers consistent security across cloud, network and mobile.
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We’re changing the nature of work. Palo Alto Networks is evolving to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
Unit 42 is looking for someone who can help us help our clients protect user data, improve anti-scraping efforts, and train machine learning detection models.
- Investigate mobile applications, websites, browser extensions, and other digital assets
- Leverage physical and emulated sandboxed environments for analysis
- Leverage proxy technologies to capture web traffic generated by applications
- Inspect web traffic logs to identify anomalous or suspicious activity
- Identify unauthorized exfiltration, handling, or use of end-user data including Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”), created content, credentials, etc
- Understand and adhere to best practices for operational security (“OPSEC”) concepts
- Edit and write SQL queries or scripts to query APIs
- Review application source code and artifacts
- Reverse engineering of applications, tools, etc
- Leverage formal and informal internal documentation to quickly interpret unknown data behavior
- Create replicable processing scripts/notebooks, and document steps taken
- Help develop and refine ongoing data and code review strategies and workflows
- Regularly and uniformly report findings - Create a narrative to the analysis performed
- Understand how web requests are formed including POST parameters, HTTP headers, user agents, request parameters, request cookies, etc.
- Query back-end databases using Presto SQL
- Utilize web logs to identify traffic and request patterns
- Review and validate external penetration test results to determine severity
- Actively participate in the development, documentation, and implementation of new processes to expand and mature capabilities for the organization
- Continuous involvement in workstream growth and process improvement
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent military experience, preferably in a technical or security-related field
- Knowledge of fundamental computer science concepts
- Positions or experience with corporate data environments, databases, and/or security experience preferred
- Analytical problem-solving skills, including how to interpret technical requirements and turn them into operational steps that can scale
- Ability to work both independently and as an effective team member, in a fast-paced environment - Strong multi-tasking and time-management skills
- Privacy or cybersecurity industry certifications are a plus
- Proven ability to work analytically while demonstrating effective leadership, project management, teamwork, and innovation
- Experience in working with smaller teams and/or start-up organizations
- Software development or scripting experience is a plus
Unit 42 specializes in providing data breach response, digital forensics, and risk management consulting services to a growing list of clients ranging from small enterprises to Fortune 50 corporations around the world, as well as federal government agencies. Our experts combine deep security knowledge and proprietary technology to rapidly provide effective incident response, attack readiness, and remediation plans for organizations around the world. With offices in Reston, New York, Austin, and Los Angeles, we are firmly entrenched and well positioned as a leading provider of incident response.
Unit 42 is looking for Consultants to work with a single, long-term client across a wide-range of their unique security and regulatory needs. Unit 42 has nine distinct teams working on this engagement, and understands nobody will have all of the skills listed below - but the ability to be versatile and work across multiple teams is highly desirable.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The compensation offered for this position will depend on qualifications, experience, and work location. For candidates who receive an offer at the posted level, the starting base salary (for non-sales roles) or base salary + commission target (for sales/commissioned roles) is expected to be between $127,600/yr to $175,450/yr. The offered compensation may also include restricted stock units and a bonus. A description of our employee benefits may be found here.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.
Tags: APIs Computer Science Forensics Incident response Machine Learning Privacy Reverse engineering Risk management Scripting SQL
Perks/benefits: Career development Medical leave Salary bonus Startup environment
More jobs like this
Tampa, FL, United States Tampa, FL, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 151K - 208K USD 151K+
Palo Alto Networks
Principal Consultant, Cloud Security, Proactive Services- Unit 42 (Remote)APIs Application security Audits AWS Azure C Cloud +11
Career development Health care Medical leave Salary bonus
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Cyber Hunt SME jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ethical hacker / Pentester H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Manager Pentest H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Director of Information Security jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Terraform-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs