Junior Threat Analyst
Zagreb, City of Zagreb, Croatia
ReversingLabs was founded in 2009 with the mission of offering organizations the ultimate in threat detection solutions. In 2017, we were honored to receive the JPMorgan Chase Hall of Innovation Award for our truly unique, automated, and scalable static file analysis, malware classification and malware hunting technologies. Our pioneering technologies, exceptional products, and successful customer deployments also drove a $25 million investment in ReversingLabs, backed by some of the savviest investors in the world. With our center of development excellence located in Zagreb, and offices in the United States and Switzerland, ReversingLabs is poised to achieve rapid growth and deliver groundbreaking innovation in 2021.
In this day and age, with systems and people under attack day and night by highly advanced cyber threats, a swift but detailed analysis of current threats and attack vectors is necessary. Given the number of such attacks, this is no small feat.
As a member of the threat analyst team, you will often have to put yourself in the attacker’s shoes, correlate even the tiniest clues with millions of metadata records, and try to connect the dots to completely understand the attack chain. Finally, to prevent such attacks from happening again, you will need to transform your knowledge into a rule-based format that our analysis solutions understand, effectively shielding other potential victims.
Of course, we don’t expect you to be able to tackle threats right off the bat. Based on your skill level, you will undergo a specially crafted training during the first few months to sharpen your skills before entering the arena. Do you have what it takes?
- Keeping track of the latest cybersecurity threats
- Providing timely and accurate analyses of threat capabilities
- Creating and maintaining reliable malware detection rules
- Creating and maintaining scripts for threat hunting, analysis and correlation
- Strong interest in security
- Basic knowledge of Python, Go, C or C++
- Experience with assembly language (syntax or programming)
- Enthusiasm for teamwork, constant learning, and adapting to new circumstances
- Knowledge of Windows OS internals
- Understanding of dynamic and static file analysis
- Understanding of executable and document file formats
- Basic reading comprehension of various programming languages
- Ability to use debuggers, disassemblers and sandboxes
- Knowledge of YARA syntax and rule-writing principles
- Participation in CTF competitions is a big plus
- B.S. or M.S. degree in a related field
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Permanent contract in fast-growing global company
- Challenging projects in a dynamic, collaborative team
- Great career advancement opportunities - ReversingLabs encourages internal promotion