Control Systems Cybersecurity Consultant
Arlington, Virginia, US
Information and Data are some of the most important organizational assets in today’s businesses. As a Security Consultant, you will be a key advisor for IBM’s clients, analyzing business requirements to design and implement the best security solutions for their needs. You will apply your technical skills to find the balance between enabling and securing the client's organization with the cognitive solutions that are making IBM the fastest growing enterprise security business in the world.
Your Role and Responsibilities
In this exciting role, you will serve as a technical advisor to provide oversight and policy guidance to enable mission assurance and resilience of critical infrastructure through effective cybersecurity risk management across the Air Force Civil Engineer enterprise.
- You will plan, analyze, develop, document, track, present, and implement government-approved policy and technical solutions to maintain cybersecurity for AF control systems, operational technology, and IT-enabled infrastructure.
- Must have knowledge to author and implement strategies, roadmaps, policies and technical guidance.
- Knowledge of Control Systems/Operational Technology, Supply Chain Risk Management (SCRM), Internet of Things (IoT), Risk Management Framework, cyber hygiene, cybersecurity culture, networking and emerging security technologies a plus.
- Review & evaluate cyber capabilities, ID gaps and ensure compliance with Federal, DOD, and AF policy (30%)
- Provide strategic and technical guidance; develop and recommend future cyber requirements (30%)
- Facilitate meetings and working sessions with policy makers and cybersecurity subject matter experts (20%)
- Develop and review civil engineering control systems cybersecurity strategy, policy and oversight deliverables (10%)
- Provide thought leadership and develop innovative control systems cybersecurity initiatives (10%)
- Security Clearance: Minimum Active Secret
The Public Service Sector consulting practice is a trusted advisor to federal, state and local governments, partnering to meet challenges and responding quickly to citizen demands, business needs, new economic conditions, and changing legislative priorities and policies.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Direct cybersecurity working experience (security controls, assessments, architecture, networking, etc.) (2+ years)
- Cybersecurity strategy / policy / governance and oversight knowledge skills and abilities (2+ years)
- Analytical, problem solving, and time management skills (2+ years)
- Engineering, computer science, or facilities management degree 7) Industry
- Information Assurance certification (A+, Security+, CCNA, CISSP, etc.)
- Clearance: Active Secret
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Military background or close working experience.
- Strong aptitude to deconstruct, tackle, and communicate complex problems
- Ability to self-teach new technical and non-technical concepts
- Strong attention to detail
- Security clearance: United States - Top Secret/SCI
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
US Citizenship required.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Architecture CISSP Clearance Internet of Things Military Security Clearance Strategy Top Secret Top Secret/SCI