ExpelExpel is a recognized leader in managed detection & response. When we spot critical attacks, we can go from alert to triage in less than 3 min! View free demo.
Are you a cybersecurity practitioner/leader who wants to mentor your peers on their cybersecurity journeys? Do you have technical depth in the cybersecurity realm and the desire to educate and share ideas on security matters?
Expel is looking for a passionate, energetic, and proven security leader to join our customer-focused product marketing team to be an advocate both internally and externally and be a key participant in helping our customers achieve their security outcomes. In this role you will use your hands-on experience in building and running successful security operations teams to be a subject matter expert and innovator advising CISOs and security teams on security program development and new and improved practices through media outreach, industry analyst briefings, and speaking opportunities.
You will work closely with sales and marketing by serving as an evangelist for Expel, contributing to content assets used for thought leadership, actively participating in the cybersecurity arena on social media, speaking at Expel and industry events, and engaging with current and prospective customers and bringing insights about those interactions back to our team. The goal is to help advise the market, our prospects, customers and partners.
You will bring your rich background with security technology and understanding of security operations and your love of sharing your passion with others. You have credibility in one-on-one or large-audience presentations and discussions as demonstrated through contributions to security industry groups, public speaking at events, blogs and/or whitepapers on advanced cybersecurity techniques and tools.
If this resonates, we want to hear from you!
What Expel can do for you
- Present to and engage with prospects, customers, and the security community at large, including C-level executives, both to drive awareness in the security community, and to continue to inform and evolve our security program strategy
- Participate in industry analyst/influencer interactions as a spokesperson
- Create engaging content at a consistent cadence, effectively communicating to both technical and non-technical audiences, including preparing blogs, bylined articles, technical content, demos, vlogs, videos, podcasts, and more to position Expel as an innovator
- Speak at virtual and in-person industry and Expel events in support of demand generation and thought leadership
- Provide customer/prospect feedback to collaborators
- Provide leadership by imparting both the practitioner and CISO-esque view of challenges, goals, and desired outcomes to inform product, support, and go-to-customer decision-making
- Partner with Expel’s executive, sales, marketing, customer success, and product teams on strategy and programs to help customers improve their security programs and outcomes
- Maintain expertise of the IT threat landscape, using Expel’s and third-party research
- Provide training and mentoring to cross-functional team members across the Expel customer engagement and service lifecycle
What you can do for Expel
- Strong verbal, written, and visual communication and presentation skills with proven executive-level engagement and coaching
- Ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Commitment to speaking and/or contributing content at conferences, trade shows, industry events
- A highly collaborative mentality, with the ability to team across time zones and cultures
- Curiosity and a desire to not only learn, but also share what was learned and experienced
- Critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills, sound judgment, and knowing when to ask for help
- Empathy, resourcefulness, flexibility, and tenacity
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
What you should bring with you
- A deep operational command of security operations and incident response
- A thorough understanding of the attack life cycle and working knowledge of attack vectors, tactics, and techniques used by threat actors
- Understanding of and ability to articulate security controls for common platforms, devices and cloud components, including Windows, Unix, Linux, AWS, GSuite, O365 and network equipment
- Experience applying the NIST Cybersecurity Framework or other frameworks to assess risk, CIS standards, and/or compliance standards is a plus
- Knowledge of and experience with Kubernetes, CSPM, and container security vendors is a plus
- Experienced industry analyst covering cybersecurity, CISO/CSO, CIO, CTO. Former senior government or military official is a plus
- 10+ years of enterprise security experience
- 6+ years of experience in a security leadership role
- Deep security domain knowledge and expertise, with the ability to be a cybersecurity expert
- Bachelor degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Information Management Systems, or related field, or compelling story
Pay range: $167,300 USD to $242,600 + bonus eligibility and equity.
We believe in paying transparently and equitably. Your salary will ultimately be based on factors such as your experience, skills, team equity, and market data. You’ll also be eligible for unlimited PTO (which we model and encourage), work location flexibility, up to 24 weeks of parental leave, and really excellent health benefits.
We’re only hiring those authorized to work in the United States. We do not currently sponsor immigration visas.
We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer: You’ll receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We’ll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let us know if you need accommodation of any kind.
More jobs like this
Remote in our Northeast … Remote in our Northeast region Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 62K - 115K * USD 62K+ *
GuidePoint Security LLC
Practice Lead, Security Analytics - Northeast (Remote)Analytics Ansible Automation Bash EDR Firewalls Java +10
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Health care
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Cyber Hunt SME jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Cyber Program Manager jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs