Major Incident Response Lead
Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, United States
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Major Incident Management Lead is responsible for providing governance and oversight of the Major Incident functions within Enterprise Technology. This role will help manage the global Major Incident Management process, the delivery of Major Incident Management services, and will be accountable for defining and managing integrations between technology MIM procedures and the wider Operations and Technology framework. You will be working across the global Enterprise Technologies organization and with internal and external groups to ensure delivery and success. You will also help partner and support the wider Service Management team to help deliver on Service Management Enterprise Services as needed. You are passionate about Major Incident and willing to get hands on to ensure delivery of service and improvements. You are a leader who enjoys influencing others and problem solving and are usually the person others seek for support and advice. You also demonstrate executive presence that instills confidence in subordinates, peers, and senior leaders that you are proficient and dependable in the execution of your duties. This role will be also responsible for the design and management of automating Major Incident related services across the organization through analysis of related policies, procedures, and processes in order to improve how these services are delivered to the business.
Responsibilities Include the following:
- Manage the delivery of the Major Incident Management functions, hands on as required.
- In the event of an outage, ensure the restoration of normal service operation as quickly as possible to minimize the impact on business operations.
- Ensure the delivery of clear communication for major incidents, keeping all key stakeholders informed to agreed and appropriate levels throughout the incident lifecycle.
- Provide updates to clients and leadership by way of outage notifications to keep them informed of progress to resolution and/or workarounds that have been implemented.
- Identify and implement continual service improvement opportunities across the Major Incident, Crisis Management, and wider Service Management functions.
- Serve as an escalation point for 3rd party provided Major Incident functions.
- Prepare internal reports for Major Incidents and review with Executive Management.
- Partner with Service Management Ops colleagues to help deliver on Service Management Enterprise Services as needed.
- Manage core Major Incident functions to ensure compliance to SLAs and contractual obligations.
- Promote the Major Incident process within the wider Enterprise Technology, Enterprise Applications, Media Operations and Crisis Management community, and client teams.
- Collaborate with Technology Resolver Teams and Business Stakeholders to understand required service level indicators and to ensure service level objectives are met in terms of impact to service.
- An experienced Major Incident Manager with hands on experience.
- Strong practical ITIL/ITSM skill set with operational background.
- 5+ years-experience running and operating enterprise scale Global Major Incident Management and managing a team.
- 3+ years-experience in a technical role(s).
- Demonstrated knowledge of incident management practices, activities, techniques, and tools within a large, complex organization.
- Have excellent problem-solving skills to help with investigation and resolution of major incidents and root cause.
- Demonstrated experience of managing 3rd parties & vendors within a Service Delivery of Infrastructure remit.
- Candidate must have excellent communications and facilitation skills to lead outage calls as well as to draft periodic updates to business stakeholders on progress to service restoration.
- Be available for periodic 24x7 on-call shift lead coverage.
- Experience with collaboration tools such as MS Teams and Slack and ITSM ticketing tools such as ServiceNow.
- Be proficient with PowerPoint, Excel, and other MS Office products such as OneNote.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $120,000 - $140,000.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
More jobs like this
Roseland, New Jersey, United … Roseland, New Jersey, United States Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 56K - 105K * USD 56K+ *
Director - Cyber Security OperationsCCNP CEH CISA CISSP Cloud Compliance CrowdStrike +28
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Flexible spending account +4
San Jose, California, United … San Jose, California, United States Full TimeExecutive Executive-levelUSD 185K - 355K USD 185K+
Director of Security Operations, CISO officeAWS Cloud Compliance Crypto Finance Firewalls Incident response +8
401(k) matching Competitive pay Health care Insurance Medical leave +2
Washington, District of Columbia, … Washington, District of Columbia, United States Full TimeExecutive Executive-levelUSD 180K - 250K USD 180K+
Director of Security Engineering & ComplianceAPIs Audits C Cloud Compliance Crypto Pentesting +4
Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours Flex vacation +6
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Cyber Program Manager jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs