Senior Systems Security Engineer
Join our team dedicated to developing and executing innovative solutions in support of customer mission success.
Novetta has an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated and accomplished Senior System Security Engineer who shall perform engineering tasks that are broad in nature and are concerned with system security design, risk reduction, implementation and integration, including personnel, hardware, software and support facilities and/or equipment. The System Security Engineer – Senior Level shall provide guidance and support to technical and programmatic requirements derivation, especially focused on meeting security requirements; and provide senior technical guidance and leadership of engineering, analysis and development teams. They shall guide users and team members in formulating security requirements, advise on viability of alternative approaches, and conduct and evaluate feasibility studies. The System Security Engineer – Senior Level shall be responsible for the integration of security requirements, design, risk mitigation and technology of complex systems, and shall provide guidance and support to ensure seamless incorporation of new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations. They shall guide and participate in development of technical documentation associated with results analysis and risk mitigation, guide implementation of architectures to Enterprise Architecture plans and guidance related to certification and accreditation of systems. The System Security Engineer – Senior Level shall estimate resources for security systems engineering tasks and recommend schedule and budget information. This labor category requires DoD 8570 compliance – at minimum, IAM Category, Level II
- Sixteen (16) years demonstrated systems security engineering experience on programs that encompassed systems security architecture, requirements analysis, design, production, integration, test and transition into operations. A Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or information systems or related discipline may be substituted for four (4) years of experience, or a Master of Science degree in computer science, computer engineering, or information systems or related discipline may be substituted for six (6) years’ experience.
- Four (4) years of experience as a systems security engineer in programs that encompass systems architecture, requirements analysis, design, production, integration, test and transition into operations.
- Four (4) years of experience performing Information Systems Security Officer functions or the equivalent.
- Two (2) years demonstrated experience leading systems engineering teams and estimating resources for systems engineering tasks.
Security Clearance Requirements:
- TS/SCI with favorable polygraph
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,000 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details, or to submit a referral: bit.ly/NovettaReferrals
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.