Cloud Automation Engineer (Security)
Bengaluru, Bengaluru North, Karnataka, India
ThoughtSpotEasily explore, analyze, and create insights from all of your cloud data with self-service Live Analytics from ThoughtSpot. Start your free trial today.
What makes ThoughtSpot a great place to work?
To make our dent in the universe, we seek employees with unique identities, backgrounds, and perspectives that want to build an inclusive, respectful company culture and truly challenge the status quo. We are very deliberate about building a culture focused on selfless-excellence, continuous learning and improvement (2% done) achieved through diversity (balance-for-the-better) and inclusion.
We are looking for a Cloud Automation Engineer with good experience around Cloud Security to join our Cloud Operations Automation team. The right candidate for this role will have a strong experience in configuring Security policies and automation to implement necessary governance recommended by the Security team to proactively identify any security deviations across a hybrid cloud system. The right candidate for this role will have a passion towards cloud security and ability to develop automations to deploy/maintain/troubleshoot cloud infrastructure security. You will be responsible for collaborating with the Security team in implementing security tools and automation to maintain adherence to Security policies. The use cases include, but are not limited to, implementation and management of Cloud security tools, perform incident postmortems reported by Security Team and perform remediations, help in building automation for proactive identification of potential issues and deviations from security governance policies, participate in other cloud automation activities. The ability to work with cross-functional teams in a rapidly growing environment is important.
- Take a security-first approach in understanding the requirements, nuances of different public clouds (AWS, Azure, or GCP) features, and operational costs, and then implement efficient solutions for running secured SaaS services. AWS is preferred.
- Operation and maintenance of security solutions, devices, tools hosted in Public Cloud.
- Work with other Security engineers and developers to manage security tools hosted on public cloud environments
- Implement automation for security tasks such as audit evidence collection, metrics collection, reporting etc.
- Act as Security POC within Cloud Automation team, for Security team to report any issues or get necessary assistance for SaaS production Infrastructure.
- Provide technical hands on support to ensure consistent security controls are maintained for cloud infrastructure and microservices.
- Document and share evidence with the Security Compliance Lead on various compliance requirements such as (SOC 2) SSAE16, ISO, PCI, HIPAA, and GDPR, FedRAMP.
- Perform key Cloud Operations functions such as Vulnerability Management, Security Incident Management escalated by the Security team based on their findings.
- Remediate critical security exposures in AWS, Azure and GCP Cloud Infrastructure
- Collaborate with team members and partners in order to actively reduce risk in key control areas such as vulnerability management, device hardening, and identity & access management.
- Actively support the Security team to perform POC of Security tools and deployment to Production.
- Demonstrate experience in producing, documenting, and explaining Security Operations procedures within the Cloud Automation team.
- B.Tech. degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 7+ years of experience for at least one Public Cloud (AWS or GCP) with Security as focus area.
- Strong knowledge of container security, DevSecOps Tools and Security controls.
- Experience in leading security incidents from Cloud Operations perspective.
- Experience with security models in cloud environments such as AWS, Azure, and GCP
- Experience with security operations, monitoring and vulnerability management.
- Experience/ Knowledge in Kubernetes and microservice will be a bonus.
Experience of working with various protective security technologies such as vulnerability scanners, EDR, and SIEM will be bonus
- Proficient in programming in Terraform, Python, Go, or Java.
- Ability to diagnose technical problems, debug code and automate tasks.
- Strong problem-solving skills, algorithmic thinking, and a strong foundation in how systems should work.
- Understanding of tools & frameworks required to Operate and manage Cloud infrastructure.
- Solid communication skills and ability to work independently.
- DevOps mindset. You are familiar with DevOps concepts. You treat operational issues as if they are software problems. You view software as a primary tool to manage, maintain, fix and extend systems required to support large development environments. You promote operational excellence!
- Automation. You leverage automation, monitoring and data analysis to ensure high availability (HA) for internal services and infrastructure.
- Problem Solver. You love tackling the most difficult of challenges and know how to troubleshoot in order to get to the best solution.
ThoughtSpot for All
Building a diverse and inclusive team isn't just the right thing to do for our people, it's the right thing to do for our business. We know we can’t solve complex data problems with a single perspective. It takes many voices, experiences, and areas of expertise to deliver the innovative solutions our customers need. At ThoughtSpot, we continually celebrate the diverse communities that individuals cultivate to empower every Spotter to bring their whole authentic self to work.
We’re committed to being real and continuously learning when it comes to equality, equity, and creating space for underrepresented groups to thrive.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
To all recruitment agencies: ThoughtSpot does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ThoughtSpot employees, or any other organization location. ThoughtSpot nor its employees are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ThoughtSpot is the Modern Analytics Cloud company. Our mission is to create a more fact-driven world with the easiest to use analytics platform. With ThoughtSpot, anyone can leverage natural language search and AI to find data insights and tap into the most cutting edge innovations the cloud data ecosystem has to offer. Companies can now put the power of their modern data stack in the hands of every employee, extend the value of their data to partners and customers, and automate entire business processes. ThoughtSpot’s web and mobile applications improve decision-making for every employee. With ThoughtSpot’s developer-friendly platform, customers can also embed consumer-grade analytics into their SaaS offerings or build entirely new interactive data apps that engage users and keep them coming back for more. Organizations like Walmart, BT, Daimler, Medtronic, Hulu, Royal Bank of Canada, Nasdaq, OpenTable, Workato, and Nationwide Building Society rely on ThoughtSpot to transform how their employees and customers take advantage of data.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: Analytics Automation AWS Azure Cloud Compliance Computer Science DevOps DevSecOps EDR FedRAMP GCP GDPR Governance HIPAA Java Kubernetes Microservices Monitoring Python SaaS SIEM SOC SOC 2 Terraform Vulnerability management
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Cyber Program Manager jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs