Cyber Defense Incident Response - Senior - 3rd Shift
Martinsburg, West Virginia, United States
MaverisMaveris is an IT and cybersecurity company committed to helping organizations create secure digital solutions to accelerate their mission. We are Veteran-owned and proud to serve customers across the Federal Government and private sector.
Maveris is an IT and cybersecurity services company committed to helping organizations create secure digital solutions to accelerate their mission. We are Veteran-owned and proud to serve customers across the Federal Government and private sector. We have an opening for a full-time, permanent Cyber Defense Incident Responder to join our talented, dynamic team in support of a large Federal Government customer.
Veterans are encouraged to apply.
The Cyber Defense Incident Responder will support the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Cybersecurity Operations Center (CSOC).
Hybrid remote work available for qualified candidates.
This position will be Third-Shift.
- Provide technical support for Plan of Action and Milestone process and remediation activities
- Avid learner with proven problem-solving abilities with a variety of technical controls.
- Ability to analyze log files, packets and other security tool records for a diverse variety of systems.
- Support the investigation of cybersecurity incidents, and other incidents as directed by senior personnel.
- Support the monitoring of cloud applications, the investigation of cybersecurity incidents, and other incidents as necessary.
- Assist in resolving complex problems using technical knowledge
- Proven analytic and problem-solving abilities.
- Generate reports for both technical and non-technical staff and stakeholders
- Liaise with stakeholders in relation to cyber security issues and provide future recommendations
- Provide technical support for Azure and Microsoft 365 endpoint.
- Provide 24x7x365 incident response support based on pre-defined response criteria
- Reports security events and incidents in support of US-CERT and/or OIG.
- Travel limited to about 10%
- B.S. in Cybersecurity (preferred)
- Security+ or CEH (preferred)
- 3+ years in a SOC environment, with 3+ years in an incident response role
- Splunk or SIEM experience (Carbon Black, ArcSight, QRadar, etc.)
- Microsoft Defender for Endpoint (EDR)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment to identify errors, pinpoint root causes, and devise solutions with minimal oversight.
- Ability to learn and function in multiple capacities and learn quickly.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Maveris attracts and retains talent of the highest caliber by offering opportunities to work in exciting and challenging environments surrounded by bright minds. Our employees are our most prized asset and are rewarded with highly competitive compensation and a top-tier benefits package, including:
- 401(k) with company contribution
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
Maveris offers exceptional, mission-focused solutions to organizations facing highly complex IT, digital, and cyber security challenges. Our success is achieved by maintaining an environment of trust where people are encouraged to reach their fullest potential. Every candidate that applies to Maveris brings something unique to the table, and because our team is diverse, we consistently meet our goals and exceed client expectations. If you are a highly-motivated person with a willingness to learn, we invite you to apply today to join our team!
To learn more about employee benefits visit www.maveris.com.
For company updates and the latest job postings check us out on LinkedIn.
If you'd like to read about some of our research and projects head over to Maveris Labs.
Want a more behind the scenes view? Check out our blog Maveris Insights to learn more about the team behind the solutions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
More jobs like this
Roseland, New Jersey, United … Roseland, New Jersey, United States Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 56K - 105K * USD 56K+ *
Director - Cyber Security OperationsCCNP CEH CISA CISSP Cloud Compliance CrowdStrike +28
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Flexible spending account +4
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Cyber Program Manager jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs