Staff Cloud Security Engineer
RunwayExplore more than 30+ AI powered creative tools to ideate, generate and edit content like never before.
At Runway, we believe everyone has a story to tell. Our mission is to make professional video and content creation accessible to all. We are taking recent advancements in computer graphics, the web, and machine learning to push the boundaries of creativity and in turn, lower the barriers of content creation; unfastening a new wave of storytelling 🚀
Over the last three years, we’ve raised funding from top-tier investors including Felicis, Coatue, Lux, and Amplify, all with a team small enough to fit at one (growing) table. Our team consists of creative, open minded, caring and entrepreneurial individuals from all walks of life. We aspire to build incredible things which starts with building an incredible team, so we’d love to hear from you! 😄
About the role 🎉
We are looking for an experienced Cloud Security Engineer who is eager to design and implement industry-leading security practices at a growing cloud-based SaaS company. You’ll be security hire #1, with a mission to ensure that Runway’s environment and customer content remain secure in the cloud.
You will collaborate across multiple teams including engineering, research, and product and across multiple themes including infrastructure security, security operations and training, and incident response. We’re looking for someone that has deep technical expertise and who is driven to set the security standard at a fast-paced, growing startup. As the first hire on a one-person security team, this role will feature high levels of ownership and growth potential.
What you’ll do 🎨
- Own security at Runway
- Identify and communicate security risks to all relevant stakeholders. Lead the charge in protecting against these risks
- Lead incident detection and response for security incidents at the company
- Expand on and re-define the current security posture at Runway
What you’ll need 💻
- Strong experience working with and securing AWS cloud environments, including IAM, EKS, EC2, Lambda, S3, RDS, ECR, CloudTrail, GuardDuty, AWS Config, etc.
- Extensive experience in security operations and threat detection in the cloud before they cause material damage to the business. In the event an alert is identified as a security incident, you will kick off Incident Response.
- Strong experience in security automation and tool development to secure our cloud.
- Advocate for and experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) practices including Terraform, CloudFormation, GitOps, environment isolation, etc.
- Experience with Docker containers and Kubernetes security practices such as container hardening, pod-security policies, network security policies, etc.
- Experience implementing and facilitating strong role-based access control (RBAC) policies across an organization.
- Experience with risk assessment and prioritization, including maintaining a risk register and regularly using it to prioritize and define new work.
- Experience in one or more programming languages (Python, Node.js, etc.) and shell scripting.
- Scrappiness. At a company of our size, sprints are short and quick iteration is key to our success, especially with an external environment that poses many threats and an internal environment with limited human resources.
Working at Runway 🥳
We are a small and growing team of artists, engineers, researchers, and dreamers working together to reimagine creativity. And we’re building a unique team of talented individuals from diverse backgrounds. We believe that this will allow us to continue to up-level each other, our company, and our product. We’re looking for people that will add to our culture, not just fit in.
We’re committed to creating a space where our employees can bring their full selves to work and have equal opportunity to succeed. So regardless of race, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, origin, ability, age, veteran status, if joining this mission speaks to you, we encourage you to apply!
Keep exploring Runway:
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: Automation AWS C Cloud Content creation Docker EC2 IAM Incident response Kubernetes Lambda Machine Learning Network security Node.js Python Risk assessment S3 SaaS Scripting Terraform Threat detection
More jobs like this
Remote in the United … Remote in the United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 60K - 135K * USD 60K+ *
GuidePoint Security LLC
Application Security Engineer - Mid-Atlantic (Remote)APIs Application security Burp Suite C Checkmarx Computer Science DAST +9
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Cyber Hunt SME jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Cyber Program Manager jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs